Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day II

I got this in an e-mail from Mary - the sister of my college buddy from the "no school for the first time in a hundred years because of a snowstorm" entry, and it reminded me of the hijinks and fun a certain person I know across the pond would get into...and that of course made me smile.

:)

------------

One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store. When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven. When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird. With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry. It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

11 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA your mum is as crazy as you :)....

Do you remember me crimbo post last year about the 'turkey willy' lol....

have a super duper lovely day...

x

The Wife O Riley said...

LMAO!!!!! That was cruel...funny but cruel! I love your mom's sense of humor!

Happy Thanksgiving!

yellowdoggranny said...

i fecking love your mom

Celticspirit said...

Great story, that is priceless! Happy Thanksgiving!

LadyStyx said...

*laffz* An oldie but a goodie! Thanks for the Thanksgiving Day laugh!!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! That's AWESOME! Your mom is my hero.

If only she could have figured out a way to make it "burst through" the bird.

You know, make it a Happy "Aliens" Thanksgiving! LOL!

Hope you're having a GREAT day... Now stop reading this a go eat some turkey for the love of Pete!

Peace!

Deanna said...

Oh my I howled when I read this one. That is just too funny.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

ROTLFMAO!!!

ChicagoLady said...

LMAO, I never would have been able to keep a straight face if I'd been in on a joke like that. Thanks for sharing that with us!

Ausgrl said...

I love the woman.. what a great sense of humour. I do feel sorry for the daughter though.

Anonymous said...

OMG..this was great! I needed a good laugh..thank you, thank you!