Monday, November 10, 2008

Colors at Port Indian

Here are some pictures from my walk on Sunday, November 9, 2008. The weather had dried up a bit from Saturday - and cool breeze was blowing. I headed downstream from Valley Forge National Historic Park and walked through a small collection of homes that sit on the river's edge known as Port Indian. Port Indian is a small private boating community that has two streets (East Indian Lane and West Indian Lane). During the summer months, you will often see people water skiing in the river here.



The Schuylkill River Trail

I never get tired of how the canopy of trees shelters the walker when the sun is hot and protects them from the cutting edge of the wind.



A Burning Bush

I think this is my favorite picture from the day's walk. The colors were amplified by the sun shining in from behind the plant - whatever it is.



A Damp Deer in the Thicket

Unlike the day before, the deer were a little less soggy. I don't know what this deer was doing down in the middle of fairly dense thicket. The sunlight caught it just right though.

I didn't post all the pictures I took - if you are interested, the rest of the pictures are here - including some of a tall Grass

10 comments:

LadyStyx said...

I ~LOVE~ that first picture!!! *makes note to snag it for my desktop when I get upstairs*

And that doe is simply beautiful...

AliceKay said...

The second pic is sumac. It spreads and grows fast around here. The red along the road in the pics I took of the mountain from the old school was sumac in full autumn color. I'll check out the pics in your link next. Great pic of the deer.

We had a high of 36F here today with snow flurries in the air most of the day.

AliceKay said...

I just checked out your pics and you have some really great shots in there. (even got a couple of OCHAs when they weren't looking, eh?)

yellowdoggranny said...

oh they are so beautiful...love little bambi..

Deanna said...

I know what you mean about that canopy - trees are amazing, aren't they. Great pictures. I am amazed Bambi posed for you.

LadyStyx said...

*rushes thru her edjumacationalz...speeds thru the other blogs and revisits here to check the link*


Ohhh the red in that one tree (shot with the vehicle) is awesome and that one gold tree...WOW!! Alotta puzzleworthy pix there.

ChicagoLady said...

I love the picture of the sumac! I might need to make that one my wallpaper for next fall.

All your pictures are fantastic! And even though the lady in the stroller passed you up, the important thing is that you were moving, out walking.

MarmiteToasty said...

I LOVE lanes where the trees reach over head and touch each others branches as if they are reaching finger tips to each other.... just love that first photo....

you should of shouted at those people...... GET OUT ME BLOODY PHOTO lol

x

Jess said...

You see deer when you go on walks? And they hang around long enough for you to snap pictures of them? Wow. That's something to be proud of.

Lainie said...

Gorgeous pictures Iggy. I know I am soooo late...catching up is hard work. Hugs :-)