I admit things got to me and I had a misstep and faltered a little - but today, finally with the help of some very fresh air, a ten mile walk and your warm encouragement in my head - I knocked myself out and got some sleep, the first real sleep in nearly four days. I thank each and everyone of you.
Well, I was going to call this entry "Before and After", but since only I knew which picture was taken first, it dawned on me I had a chicken or the egg situation here.
And then to top things off, on Thursday/Friday we got some snow - so I ended up with a third picture. "Before and After"...would have become the rather awkward "Before and After and Just After".
In any case, while I was walking today, I thought about these pictures and about what to say about them when an old(er) movie title popped into my head called "The Four Seasons". I know this is waaaaaaaaaaaaay before a lot of your times being it was released in 1981. But it was a nice "puff piece" movie and starred Alan Alda, Carol Burnett, Len Cariou, Sandy Dennis, Rita Moreno and Bess Armstrong. A pretty strong cast - not so strong movie - about the trials and tribulations of a group of middle-aged friends during a 12-month period.
Anyhooo...
The location is about a half block away from my office in Lansdale. I see it every work day.

The pear trees overwhelm the entrance way of the home with pink and white flowers. This picture taken during the middle of last spring.

The home has a circular driveway in the entrance way. This picture was taken this past Wednesday at lunch time. What caught my eye was that the trees already had buds on them. Perhaps the budding trees, like election year(s) campaigning, and Christmas, were getting an early start on things.

Speaking of early starts, last Thursday evening and on into Friday morning we had an unusually early, but thankfully light snow.
As beautiful a residence it is, it's no Bed and Breakfast. It is a funeral home named Huff & Lakjer. Philip Huff is the director and has been around a long time - many of the people I grew up with, the old neighbors, have used his services.

9 comments:
I do remember that movie actually. Fascinating photos...a funeral home...something very profound in these images.
Very nice looking place. Nice how you have the different seasons there in pictures.
The only funeral home in the Towanda area is a big Victorian style home located on York Avenue.
I remember the movie, but never saw it. I was 12 in 1981, and that wasn't quite my type of movie back then. I probably would appreciate it now.
I heard many areas of PA were getting snow, and hoping you weren't getting too much, seeing as how it's not even Thanksgiving.
I'm also glad you finally got some sleep and are feeling better. A few of us were starting to worry about you.
Hugs!
I like seeing the seasons. We have an old funeral home here that looks a little like that one - it is in a beautiful old house. It is not one that most people use, though. And there is a reason for that. We sang at a service there once - first time I had been inside. It looked more like a brothel than a funeral home (not that I would know what a brothel looks like but I do have a pretty good imagination.) The carpet was red shag, the walls had a red designed velour/flocked type wallpaper on them, and there were red plastic flowers everywhere I turned. Everytime Jim gets out of line I threaten that I will have him laid out in the funeral home lmao :p
Huggssss Iggy, I am so glad you got some sleep.
And dang you made me feel old - in 1981 had a three kids age 6, 4 and 1 - and I do remember that movie. I loved the actors/actresses but the movie was pretty lame.
So glad you got some sleep and are feeling better. Chicago's right, there are a good many of us that have been worrying about you.
I love how you caught that place in 3 of the 4 seasons....a very nice comparison.
its 3.39 in the morning and now its my turn not to sleep lol...
Love the photos and the different seasons....
x
i fucking love those photos. pardon the language. but i love seeing the progression. each picture is beautiful in its own way. like women.
And I adored your puns!!!
- Mila
Four Seasons is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIES!!!! I don't know why, I think it reminds me of my parents (they were the divorced couple) and their friends.
I'm sorry I didn't post a comment until today, I feel horrible that you were down.
Post a Comment