I found this near-prehistoric black and white picture this morning in one of my Grandmother's many boxes of photographs. There is no description or date on the back of it but I've been told this is me sitting on a sofa with a new striped tiger that I had just gotten for a present.
I don't look too thrilled about the tiger do I?
I bet a had an affinity for the sofa though, I remember it turned a medium brown color with tufts of orange and gold when the world turned color way back when.

Calvin: Dad, how come old photographs are always black and white? Didn't they have color film back then?
Dad: Sure they did. In fact, those old photographs are in color. It's just the world was black and white then.
Calvin: Really?
Dad: Yep. The world didn't turn color until sometime in the 1930s, and it was pretty grainy color for a while, too.
Calvin: That's really weird.
Dad: Well, truth is stranger than fiction.
Calvin: But then why are old paintings in color?! If their world was black and white, wouldn't artists have painted it that way?
Dad: Not necessarily. A lot of great artists were insane.
Calvin: But...but how could they have painted in color anyway? Wouldn't their paints have been shades of gray back then?
Dad: Of course, but they turned colors like everything else did in the '30s.
Calvin: So why didn't old black and white photos turn color too?
Dad: Because they were color pictures of black and white, remember?
Calvin: The world is a complicated place, Hobbes.
Hobbes: Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner.

16 comments:
Happy Birthday, Iggy. Have a great day! *hugs*
Ooops, I forgot to say....cute baby pic. :)
Awwwww how sweet.
You an old fart? NEVER!!!
Hope you are having a good birthday.
Huge hugs to a dear friend.
Hey! He can't be your dear friend, Sugar. He is MY dear friend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY IGGY!
Huger hugs that Sugar gave you ;)
Oh, I forgot to say it too... such a cute baby pic!
(and that was supposed to say huger hug than Sugar gave you, not that - geeze)
Happy birthday Iggy. :)
LOL! Great post!
You're not old though... I told you that already. And if you didn't see me say it... Check your e-mail.
DAM ...... you kept your birthday bloody quiet.......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
SQUASHED TOMATOE AND STEW
BREAD AND BUTTER IN THE GUTTER
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUuuuuuuu
Traditional British Birthday song :)
Have the most super special of birthdays....... I doubt your an old fart though, compared with most of us LOL.....
I hope your day is filled with love and laughter and special friends and family... and if all those that loved you were there, you would need a room the size of a football pitch to accomadate us all....
hugs and snogs....
x
Hilarious post. Now we know what you look like... Well maybe not.
According to several other people it's your birthday, so many happy returns! (What does that even mean? Oh, I remember, returns of your birthday. It mean live a long time. Erm, yes. I'm not going off on a tangent or anything).
I loved tigers when I was younger. Now my brother is as mad about penguins as I was about orange furry jungle beasts. I collected them too.
Happy Birthday!
what a cutie.....
happy birthday..today is the first day of the rest of your life..so don't fuck it up...
i love calvins dad.
Happy Birthday!!
Yeah Marmie, he sure did. It took some hints of embarrassing him to get him to fess up the date.
.oO(He knows me too well and if he knows I have something up my sleeve....then it's time to worry!)
Love the pic iggy. I gotta find my grammas SOG with PIP book and scan some of those earlier pix in one of these days. Problem is that I put it somewhere safe and we all knows what happens when I do THAT.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
My father always took pictures in black and white. He just preferred it. I was gobsmacked the first time I saw a colored picture of myself.
A very merry un-birthday to everyone but Iggy! LOL
Oh ok, happy birthday Iggy!!!!!!
You gotta love the logic that Calvin's dad used.
Hope you're having a wonderful day! Hugs
that is a great photo...and happy birthday! i came over from whimsy's...and i am glad i did.
Toasty:
I've not heard anyone sing that version for a while... LOL! Mind you, since I tend to avoid having a birthday party when it's my birthday that's probably the reason for it. LOL!
Happy Birthday!
Not sure how you "found" me today but I was very pleased you stopped by!
At what age do you qualify for Old Fart-ness anyway??? =)
Thank you Alice Kay, Sugar Bush, Punkn, Tori, Toasty, Jess, LadyStyx, YellowDogGranny, Wife O Riley, ChicagoLady, Merelyme, and Queenie Jeannie!
Whew. I'm so out of breath I won't be able to blow out the candles!
I did have a nice birthday even though I was alone all day thanks you all of you.
Hello Merelyme and Queenie!
Post a Comment