Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sometimes a dab will do ya...

Do any of you remember the old Woody Allen commercial for Pepto-Bismol?

Can I talk to you about something? Sometimes while walking, especially when it gets warm out, and the sweat starts to flow...one can suffer a little, um, well, lets say, "chafing".

Someday next summer, I'm going to have to do a product comparison.

Baby Butt Paste

In this corner, the contender from Boudreaux's... weighing in at 16 ounces... Baby Buuuuuuuutttt Pooowwderrrr!

You just got to love the look on that baby's face.

Anti-Monkey Butt Powder

In this corner we have the reigning champion of the universe! Weighing in at 6 ounces...Aaannttiiii-Monkeeeeeey Buuuttttttt Poooowdeeerrrrr!

The face on that monkey is pretty cute too...if you can get past the red...backside.

Being a scientific sort of geek and as my work involves databasing the large amounts of measurements and assessements collected during the conduct of clinical trials (the testing of potential new drugs) by pharmaceutical firms such as Merck, Eli Lily, and Johnson & Johnson, I think it would be best to do a side by side comparison of these products.

Furthermore, strictly in the interest of science, it should be a clinically-blinded study, which means the person being treated doesn't know which drug (or placebo) is being tested. In order to do that, I'll need someone to apply product 'A' on one cheek and some of product 'B' on the other cheek. Just think of it as a chance to do some worthwhile science!


Nose Better

And for those of you in the audience...a complimentary dab of this stuff.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Backs away quickly before Iggy ropes me in to helping with his experiments*

MarmiteToasty said...

Butter.... just smoother yaself in proper English country butter, ya wont chaff not one little bit LOL

Except all the cats and dogs in your neighbourhood might chase ya to lick ya LOL

x

LadyStyx said...

LOL@ Marmie....shoot, Crisco or a stick of Lard would do the same thing!

I was wondering when this post was gonna show up....was beginning to think it wasnt gonna get posted at all. Well, actually it would have, I was just trying to figure how I wanted to approach the subject. Looks like ya just backed yaself right into it!

And for those that laughed at me in chat for the butt paste jokes (although the joke used it as a glue and not as a soother) and the snickers for the times I bring up the Nose Better stuff....take that! :P~

Deanna said...

No experiments for me! - especially not this one! and you can keep your complimentary dab, thank you very much. And I'm pissed that I don't remember the Woody Allen commercial for Pepto. I'm old! I should remember that! So I'll pout my way on out of here. (on the other hand... cute post) *smiles as I head to the next blog*

yellowdoggranny said...

one word: cornstarch

Dorkys Ramos said...

And obviously I don't know what commercial you're talking about!

LadyStyx said...

You're right, yellow....and the cornstartch would absorb the wetness. Actually...there's somethin else that would help out as much. It's Soothing Care chafing gel....might be a tad embarrassing for you to acquire though, iggy.

ChicagoLady said...

Alas, I too am too young to remember the Woody Allen commercial, if I ever saw it to begin with.

Please don't get me started with Monkey Butt Powder! I'm trying to forget that particular person, lmao.

The nose knows Nose Better? I have some petroleum jelly that works well for my chafed nose from using so many tissues this past week. I'd apply some, but I'm still occasionally blowing my nose, so it doesn't seem prudent to put the slimy stuff on when I'm just going to rub it off. Or when I'm going to bed and have it get all over my pillow. Ewwwwww

So I'm dealing with a chafed nose for now.

ChicagoLady said...

Oh and, LadyStyx is close enough to be your tester for the butt experiments, lmao.

Martha said...

OMG, I thought I was the only one who blogged about AMBP!

Anti Monkey Butt

(If you can't tell by my comments, I am taking time to go back and read your blog..)