Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seen While Walking

While out walking to lunch Friday I saw this vanity plate. Thinking I had stumbled into Will Wheaton of Star Trek, the Next Generation fame, I investigated. Imagine my disappointment when I learned Wesley Crusher didn't spell his name this way...

a picture of the back of a car showing a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier membership decal and a custom license plate saying whee ten

From the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of America's website:

With its long head and short muzzle tipped with a sizable black nose which sticks out slightly, the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier is a unique looking breed.

The (Irish) Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier is a friendly dog which loves its family. They are always sweet and loving and develop very close bonds with their family.

However, they should not be around cats or other small animals because of their strong hunting instincts. They are very friendly and gentle with strangers.

Unlike many intelligent breeds, the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier will listen well to its owners. They very rarely bark unless it is to warn of danger.

Oh well, "Beam me up, Scotty."

7 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Remembering not to get one of these dogs if Jacob eventually wears me down with his 'can we get a dog mum'... or I would have to get rib of Janet, Mabel, Cedric, Geoff, Brenda, Ambrose, Buff and Dodi LMFAO..... wonder what would be the cheaper to feed :)

x

MarmiteToasty said...

I wish I was there in PA to day to take a hobble around your neighbourhood.......

x

LadyStyx said...

Guess I wont be getting one either...Dharma would positively hate me for it and Katy, being a dog on the smallish size, wouldnt be too happy with me either....

ChicagoLady said...

Good thing I'm in a cat building, if I got a Wheaten Terrier, it would chase away my Charlie and all the birds.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post...

I like the bit about how un like most intelligent breeds it will listen... LOL!

Deanna said...

Dang that dog sounds like an awful lot of work! I think I'll stick to my tempermental, won't listen, Whiskey.

The Wife O Riley said...

I came across one last weeks that said "Gayed" and I found it amusing. Was this person gay or did he think that maybe he was infected because I gay person might have touched him?

Then Matt told me that it was a popular Eastern Indian name and it's pronouned gIed.