Having read a few, I decided I wanted to play too!
I could cheat and say things like Da Walking and Da Wonders of Nature and Da Nice Things in Life...but I won't, mostly because I won't have to!

1) Doctor Demento!
Dr. Demento is the stage name of Barret Eugene Hansen, a radio disc jockey specializing in novelty songs and pop music parodies. During my college years, my roommates and I would all get a huge howl out of his weekly broadcast.
Classics like: "Dead Puppies", "Another One Rides The Bus", "Fish Heads", "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park", "I Had Sex With E.T." and of course, the "Masochism Tango".
I ache for the touch of your lips, dear,
But much more for the touch of your whips, dear.
You can raise welts
Like nobody else,
As we dance to the masochism tango.
Let our love be a flame, not an ember,
Say its me that you want to dismember.
Blacken my eye,
Set fire to my tie,
As we dance to the masochism tango...
Umm...Where was I, oh yes...

2) Duncan Hines
When I was kid, cake mixes where relatively new creations and my Grandfather and my Uncle Jim used to sit at the dinner table and go on and on about which was better, Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker.
My Aunt Mary and Grandmother would strive to outdo the other with their mastery of baking cakes from a box. I loved the cakes but even more so, I loved the good times with my family after a marvelous dinner followed by a cake with what seemed to be inches upon inches of icing on it.
I can still see my Grandfather smacking his lips when he said, "Oh! Duncan Hines is the best!" followed by my Uncle Jim teasingly baiting him by replying, "Oh, Bud...How can you say that?! You know Betty Crocker is far better!"

3) Dachshunds and All Things Doggy
Okay, call me juvenile, but every time I see a Dachshund I just have to laugh - and for some odd reason, the Oscar Myer Wiener Mobile flashes into my head followed by the "I wish I was an Oscar Myer Wiener..." song.
The shrink had a field day when I told him about this...but the pharmacist had an even better day.

4) Dinged up Orange Conehead Aliens
It is my secret-most, inner-most, most longed for desire to open up a health care clinic for OCHAs where I could tend their bruises, mend their ragged reflector stripes, and fluff their soft pillows to make sure they were comfortable.

5) Disney World and Disney Land
While I can never keep them straight beyond knowing one is in Anaheim and the other in Floor-dah, I love Dem both. The very act of walking through the turnstyles and entering the park takes over thirty years off of me in a magical instant. I'm just a big kid. :)

6) Dame Judy Dench
The new "M" in the latest James Bond movies; this sexy older woman is an incredible actress. I especially enjoy her in the British TV comedy "As Time Goes By".

7) Demonstrations
No, I do not mean protesting mobs, peace and Million Man marches...
From cooking demonstration on how to slice cucumbers to how to change the oil in my car, I love seeing how things are done.
8) Ducks - Specifically, White-Chin Strap Ducks...
Some of you may recall my writing about my mother's friend from Holland and her difficult time with English. To this day, I cannot walk past a Canadian Goose without being reminded of this wonderful, warm, dutch woman named Enicka.

9) Daffodils and Dandelions
Like the arrival of Red-breasted Robins; the sprouting and flowering of Daffodils, Narcissus, or Jonquils are a sure sign of Spring! They along with the sweet, badly misunderstood Dandelion bring color back into the world and announce the promise of a new (and warmer) season.

10) Dear and Delightful...friends
Last by not least...for as wonderful as all the previous things are, you, my friends are the best of all.

14 comments:
I remember hearing Dr. Demento on the radio late nights here, I think on Saturday or Sunday. I was never at the right age to appreciate his humor, though.
Duncan Hines....mmmmmmmmm
I just learned this, did you know Dame Judy has been playing "M" since 1995?
Great list, Iggy! I can tell you really put some thought into your choices.
Hugs
Great list, Iggy. :)
Just as soon as I figure out what letter I've got I can work on my list.
Very nicely done! Im hoping the letter maestro so kinda as to give me a nice easy letter to work with.
I had no idea you could do so much with one letter! I love the hair do by the way ;) Awesome list.
Punkn D eanna :)
dr demento..i used to listen to him every sunday night actually monday am..starting at midnight..
and the dame...she's a good ole dame..i like her work very much..and loved as time goes by(you need to check out new tricks (british comedy) on pbs..)
oh i wanna letter..i like this game..
Good Job!!!! I have "Cows with Guns" and "Beep Beep" on my MP3
Aww how sweet. Great list!
Dame Judy is such a class act!
Just wanted to come by to day thanks for your kind words the other day. God knows I needed them. Hope all is well;-)
Dude, you are Delightfully Daffy! (Just keeping with the "D" theme.) LOL!
And yes, I have to agree, Dr. Demento is Da' Bomb Diggity!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
What a great list..... its lovely to learn about others through there lists :)
I to LOVE daffodils and that first little flower makes me so smile....
Happy Sunday........
x
Nice list.
I have one of those little wiener whistles around here someplace. :)
I loved your list Iggy, and seeing your face. That is you with the wild hair isn't it? (I am jealous..I have straight as a board hair).
My Grandmother and Mother would not use a cake mix. They thought that was cheating. How silly was that! I on the other hand, will use one..if I cook at all. As far as cooking goes, I am a big disappointment to the women in my family. I can cook, but I prefer easy..as in restaurant menus!
I agree Dame Judy is great..what an inspiration!
Thanks for making me smile and warming my heart on this chilly Monday evening!
mwah,
~gypsy-heart
HI'd never heard of Duncan Hines before, or eaten packet cake mix - sounds good. And I do love icing!
Post a Comment