Monday, November 17, 2008

More On Tree Hugging

Here are some more pictures from last Sunday on the Schuylkill River Trail.

a view of blue river water and the trail hugging the bank

Some fellow travelers walking upstream. The water while quite muddy, looks so nice and blue here. I saw only three of the White-Chin Strap Ducks and dozens and dozens of Mallard Ducks.

a tree that has wart-like growths along the entire length of it's trunk

Last summer the Park Service hired some college aged men and women to cut the choking vines off the trees as they were overrunning the woods. The odd looking results of the tree care makes some of the trees look like they have a bad case of warts.

a fallen tree covered with moss and a pocket in the branches has grass growing from it

And at long last, the fallen tree is recyled - but still beautiful in it's own way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting out and about and communing with nature. Hope it's making you feel renewed and refreshed. :)

ChicagoLady said...

I had to click on the picture to see your "fellow travelers." They blended in with the trees too well, lol.

Nice to see some green right now, since it was snowing here today, and the low temp is supposed to be 18F. Brrrrrr

LadyStyx said...

Alotta the salt and sand trucks are being loaded tonight around here too. They're calling for the possibility of snow showers...

*goes into hiding while performing "HURRAY4SNOW" dance*

MarmiteToasty said...

Your walk looks so peaceful.....

I LOVE new growth sprouting from old decaying trees....

x

sugarlens said...

Once in a while, I like to get out and enjoy a long trail. I don't do it as much as I like though. It looks like you had a very peaceful time!

Deanna said...

I couldn't see the fellow travelers and then after reading Chicago's post I went back and clicked on the picture and wala! there they were! Keep enjoying those walks and please keep the posts coming. I really feel like I am there with you.

Jess said...

It'll last forever now, as a bright photograph. More awesome scenery- it makes me feel bad I don't make time for walking! And it gets dark so early now.
Everything lovely and green.
xx

Anonymous said...

Again..beautiful.

The last photo and your words are perfect reminders of the beauty in change.

Thank you for sharing your world and your heart!

Peace of heart to you,

~gypsy-heart