Monday, November 24, 2008

New Family Member!

Jane the beagle -a side view

May I introduce to you, Jane the Beagle? My brother and niece adopted her from a rescue service on Saturday. I've been told she will be making frequent visits to the office. I really look forward to that!

Jane, forelegs up on my brother's thighs getting her head rubbed - she looks like she is in heaven

From the look on her face, I think Jane has already adopted my brother.

:)

14 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh cute cute cute.....you shouldnt of posted this lol...... ya know my Jacob is desperate for a dog, but I KNOW if I go to The Ark at Stubbington then I will fall in love with a dog and register for it LOL...... as much as I would LOVE him to have a dog, I dont feel I need the extra nonsense that comes with it, and anyways, it would have to be a chicken friendly dog :) and there aint many of them around....

I love your brothers Jane lol what a daft name for a dog.... on saying that, my friend has a dog called Dave LOL....

hugs to you on this Monday afternoon.....I hope your day is sunny and bright and I dont mean the weather lol

x

Deanna said...

Oh how sweet! Plain Jane? Uncle Iggy is gonna spoil that dog... I just know it!

We have been dog poor all of our lives. We started out with a Terrier (Licorice), then a Beagle (Sadie), then a Golden (Dolly Belle), then a stray mutt (I can't believe I've forgotten her name!)then another Golden (Lady), then another stray mutt (Maggie), a Bassett (dumb dog, errrr I mean Lucy), then demon dog Chihuahua, Whiskey, and of course our Guard Dogs, a Comondore (Buddy), a Comondor/Anatolian Shepherd mix, Becky and Radar (the type dog he is escapes me right now). We are down to only two right now - Radar and Whiskey. Don't EVEN get me started on the cats! We are dumping ground and usually take them all in, get em fixed, and let em pay us back by eating the mice.

LadyStyx said...

Oh look! A walking partner for iggy!! I guess that one link to the comic WAS good timing...LOL!

The Wife O Riley said...

She's beautiful!!! I LOVE beagles, my friend has a mischievous one named Newman that she adopted.

Celticspirit said...

Cute pup! We had two beagles (Linus and Lucy) who were brother and sisters. Sadly they are both passed on now. We got them as puppies and they were lots of fun.

Queenie Jeannie said...

You have an award waiting for you...

ChicagoLady said...

What a cute doggie! I know Jane will enjoy keeping you company when she visits the office. And now she has Uncle Iggy to introduce her to all the dogs in the neighborhood!

yellowdoggranny said...

all i could think of was that old song"the look of love"....good for them for rescuing her..

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family, Jane. :)

Ausgrl said...

OK now I am thinking of all the animals that will be stuck in a pound over xmas. I end up with another pet to add to the brood I am holding your brother personally responsible.
She looks beautiful and content in her new home. I Know she will enjoy the visits to the office as well because I bet a certain person will have lots of little treats to sneak under the desk to her.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for Jane, but even more so for all of you. We can already see the love in her face..the lessons are beginning..eh? :)
I'll have to tell Ringo, rescue dog activist/guru! He will be very happy!!

Thank you for sharing her with us..we look forward to hearing about the "Adventures of Jane"

~gypsy-heart

Lainie said...

AWWWW She is a cutie for sure. I always wanted a beagle ever since I found out Barry Manilow owned one many years ago. He had a Beagle named Bagel. LOL My neighbor had one who was a hunting dog and he was not very friendly so I gave up on that idea. Now I find out George has always wanted one so there may be a beagle in our future.
I think Jane is a lovely name for a lovely puppy. Scratch her behind the ears for me, will you Iggy? :-)

AliceKay said...

Looks like she's found a good home. That's great to see.

sexy41 said...

She is a beautiful dog. I can tell by the post you are going to enjoy her to. I know I love my dog and cats. They give you so much unconditional love.

Hugs