Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Burning Questions

Frazz

comic strip

Older man named Mr. Spaetzle, the school principal saying, "Mrs. Olsen says you're not putting much effort into your quizzes."

Caulfield replies, "And she is?"

Caulfield continues, reading a quiz question, "If Luther's DeSoto holds 17 gallons of gas at 26.9 cents per gallon..."

Older man interjects, "I see your point."

Caulfield ponders, "Honestly, who's named Luther anymore?"

Well I know I didn't see that coming... :)

10 comments:

Karla said...

LOL Good one

Queenie Jeannie said...

Anyone can call me Luther if I can get gas that cheap!!!

Please come back to my blog! My daughter needs your HELP!!!

LadyStyx said...

yeah...that's one of the many I read daily.... Im with Queenie....call me anything you want, even Luther if I can have the gasoline that cheap!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Thanks for the funny :)

ChicagoLady said...

At the rate we're going, it just might go down that low in price! Under $2 here!

I love Frazz...it's one I like to read, when I have time. But who has time anymore? My life is consumed with blogs!!!!!

yellowdoggranny said...

now THAT'S funny

Deanna said...

LMAO that did make me laugh!

When Jim and I were dating in the late 60's they would have gas wars and the prices would often go to under 25 cents a gallon.

MarmiteToasty said...

I think Im the only one that dont get the joke :(

Dam I must be wellabit thick lol

x

LadyStyx said...

We're under $2 here too. Generally the price is in the low $1.80's but I've seen as low as $1.79 at a couple stations.

For the most part, teachers use the same tests from year to year. Mrs. Olsen's so old and been there so long that she hasnt updated the tests and quizzes to reflect the change in prices. If the teacher cant be bothered to update the curriculum to reflect change (like some history books which are woefully out of date), then the child feels he doesnt need to put his best effort into taking the tests and quizzes. The funny part isnt that he's questioning the price of gas (like the man he's talking to is thinking) but the fact that he picked up that Luther isnt a very common name.

AliceKay said...

I paid $2.15 a gallon here yesterday when I filled up my car while out shopping.

(sorry, Iggy....still trying to catch up with a few blogs i have read but not commented on)