I've never seen any sign of protective outerwear, or any wear for that matter. Of course, not having hands or toes on their feet, they can't wear gloves or woolly socks, nor would these extremities get cold.
Perhaps they are like Penguins, able to withstand the Arctic's frigid winds. I'm sure zoologist Marlin Perkins of the Saint Louis Zoo and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom fame would be able to tell us if he were still alive.
I know Penguins have a large volume to surface area ratio which helps keeps them warm - and that they have thin layers of body fat that helps too - and probably most importantly, they have feathers crucial to heat retention. But those orange alien dudes; the OCHAs, ORBAs, and OSBs on our planet have absolutely none of those Penguin advantages...but combing through the picture archives a possible answer dawned on me.
These OCHAs are a subtle, quiet and unsung race of beings.

Here you see a couple OCHAs warming themselves on a truck exhaust pipe. Cunning of them isn't it?

This photo from travelweb.com
...And surely you have seen hundreds huddled around steaming storm sewer grates.

Of course the old fashioned way of keeping warm works for them too...these two, however should get a room!
Photos thanks to roving Photojournalist LadyStyx
Some of them might like a holiday gift...Here's an idea from AusGrl!

Together, this holiday, we can make all the OCHAs in the world look like:

This came from Crunchy Bits intriguing blog, please visit it if you have time.

8 comments:
Heh heh heh...very cute!
Wow is this ever sad....this entry is *JUST NOW* showing up in my follow file....a good 7 and a half hours later....
I always wondered how they kept warm, Thanks Iggy!
I have a big fleece blanket they can use if they want. We've got a couple of them and this one's going spare, so if their usual ways of keeping warm don't work out for them, and nobody has time to knit them all sweaters then I'll be happy to loan them my spare blanket. :)
It's nice to know the aliens are finding ways to keep warm as winter approaches. Imagine if we started seeing frozen aliens strewn along the roadsides, wherever they land when the cold got to be too much?
Maybe you need to open a thaw station for frost bitten Aliens
Ochas always make me smile.
And thanks for the wooly orange ones - I want one!
xx
Hahaha those little knitted cones are so cute! They're so clever, maybe I should take some of their ideas to keep myself warm.
Post a Comment