Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When is a Squirrel not a Squirrel?

I was walking the other day when I saw this cute little critter sitting on a bunch of branches along the canal as it runs throught the Berks County Heritage Center - previously noted for being the home of the Distlefink.

With well-honed instincts and much practiced skill, I quickly whipped my camera from my pocket and snapped a picture.

AH HA! A good squirrel picture at long last!

a chipmunk sitting on a bunch of dead branches


I was doing my awkward version of the Snoopy Dance - right then and there... when, well the strangest thing happened...




a chipmunk sitting on a bunch of dead branches with marvin the martian pointing at him

From out of nowhere, came Marvin the Martian who pointedly told me, "If you think that is a squirrel, you are sadly mistaken."

Stunned, I stood there slack-jawed and both Marvin and the cute little critter ran off.

They were long gone before I could even ask the cute little guy if his name was Alvin, Simon or Theodore - unless, of course, he was a she - then her name might of been Brittany, Jeanette or Elenanor as we all well know.

Oh well, not knowing better, I'm going to call him Malvin.


-Many thanks and mucho kudos to LadyStyx for enhancing this photograph. It was originally rather dark and Marvin-less. :)

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*lafffz*

No problem hun. I dont mind doing the work when it's appreciated by the recipient.

AliceKay said...

LMAO

MarmiteToasty said...

and there I was thinking, how sweet, you have cute little strippy squirrels over there in doodeland.... so thats that then, a chip-monk?, if so, we dont have them here, its not fair, you have all the cutest wildlife.....

Your post made me so smile...

x

LadyStyx said...

*blinks* stripping squirrels? Since when did squirrels become the rotation in ChipNDales?

*rubs eyes and re-reads that comment*

ChicagoLady said...

Bwahahahahahahahaha

The picture is much better with Marvin in it!

Anonymous said...

Well... At least the "critter" was in the picture! :)

Interesting choice of name... LOL!