Friday, August 8, 2008

The Facts of Life

As of August 8, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Steps: 4,349,576
Miles: 1826.07

I know Blogger is a "free" service so I don't have any real complaints about it - I'll joke about its quirks at times but - hey you get what you pay for - and in this case, I'm getting far more than I'm paying for...

As with anything in life, things go wrong from time to time - I get this error when attempting to "Edit Posts":

screen shot of Blogger error message

So I can't edit my previous entries - and the annoying typos and grammatical mistakes in the previous entry really bother me :)

Moreover, I drafted a couple Virtual Walker entries and cannot get in there to post them - today the Virtual Walker is strolling the aisles of L. L. Bean in Freeport, Maine. If you never been there... its quite an experience and Old Leon Leonwood would be proud.

However, I can post new entries but I'll keep them really short, simple and sweet until I can edit them once more.

Update: Saturday, August 9, 2008. Thank you all for you comments and suggestions. I cleared out the electronic debris on my computer (I do so fairly regularly) and rebooted to no avail. I then tried the refresh route and had no luck. I went to the Blogger help forum and found many other people having the same trouble and a link to a blogger problem report page where I added my "me too". When Blogger was restarted Friday evening after an outage - my problem was fixed. Thank you all - and thank you Blogger help folks.

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Aint that friggin annoying??

AliceKay said...

I think a few of us have already decided that "Blogger" is a woman. (very tempermental at times) :\

Hope you're having a good day today. It's been pouring down rain on and off here since early last night. Another shopping day in the rain, too. :\

AliceKay said...

Oh, I forgot to say...sometimes when I get this error, I'll hit refresh and everything will work right again. *shrugs*

Anonymous said...

Don't know if it'll help, but...

Sometimes when I get this error message (the times that refresh don't work I'm talking about) I go in to "tools" in the menu of internet explorer, delete all the browsing history and stuff (forms, cookies, the lot). Then shut off the PC for about five minutes or so. And when I get back on it "usually" works.

Doing a "disk cleanup" often helps too. Especially if you haven't done one in some time.

ChicagoLady said...

I might as well add my suggestion here. Have you tried looking in the Blogger Help forum to see if anyone else is having this problem? Theoretically, if you post about a problem, and include the specific error code and all the info in the box you got, they will post a response.

*Plops down a nickel for my thoughts, and doesn't ask for change*

Intense Guy said...

*Puts down 3 pennies in change for ChicagoLady - you never know, one of the old pennies might be a valuable one and if you should discover it, that would be cool*

:)