Steps: 3,194,149
Miles: 1334.08
On January 11th of this year, I wrote about Aliens in my neighborhood that were being hunted and suffering from violence and mistreatment in an entry titled "Not for the Squeamish" and as fate would have it, not wanting to drive several miles to a place to walk, yesterday I retraced the steps I took walking that day.
While the weather was much warmer and much nicer this time around, there seemed to be little that was new, exciting, or even mildly interesting, until I came across the Short Green Square that had been partially beheaded in January as re-shown here:

Partially Beheaded Short Green Square. The red blood vessel appears to be throbbing yet.
Yesterday, the Short Green Square was, perhaps sadly, found to be nearly-beheaded with his face removed. However, grim as this news may appear, it was not all tragic for "our" Short Green Square has gone to Hogwarts!
First a wee bit of background for those that are unfamiliar with the Harry Potter story (gasp!):
The Sorting Hat, originally the pointed wizard's hat of Godric Gryffindor, was bewitched by all four of the founders of Hogwarts with brains and some amount of personality. Its function is to determine which of the four Houses each new student will enter. The four houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.
Nearly-Headless Nick, is the nickname of the ghost of Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington, a wizard who died in a botched execution on October 31, 1492. He was hit forty-five times in the neck with a blunt axe, but a half-inch of skin and sinew remained connecting his head to the rest of his body. He is the "resident ghost" for Gryffindor house.

Nearly-Headless Short Green Square under the Sorting OCHA.
Nearly-Headless Nick: Oh its so nice to see a fellow headless person!
Sorting OCHA: Hmmm... its really tough being hat for someone that's headless! Hmm... in which house should I place you??
Nearly-Headless Short Green Square: Murmble, murmurrmmmbph!
Nearly-Headless Nick: I do hope its Gryffindor! I would enjoy his company!
Sorting OCHA: Hmm... you are from Godric's Hollow... therefore I place you in... Gryffindor!
I walked away with a pleased smile on my face.

4 comments:
Hmmm a SOCHA....never knew it existed...
LMAO, maybe this will entice Styx to read the Potter books?
Gasp is right! No background needed here... How is it possible that Short Green Square was not mentioned in any of the books, or movies for that matter?
Read 'em before I left Texas ;). Once I got reading I couldnt stop. I'll re-read when the new movie comes out.
Post a Comment