Monday, May 12, 2008

Down the Rabbit Hole

Please indulge me a little and picture me dressed up like a birdwatcher, with or without socks, as you might choose... while you read this entry.


Recently while walking along, I encountered this little fellow and while I strained to hear him, I didn't hear him saying, "I'm late! I'm late!" but I did exercise extreme caution for a brief period of time, not wanting to fall down the rabbit hole. You all know what happened to Alice when she did that.


But alas... for all my caution and care, I must of gone down the hole, for not long after seeing and chatting to the rabbit, I encountered this... The Holy Grail of alien watchers everywhere. Gasping in awe, I pulled out my Guidebook to Aliens and closely compared the illustrative pictures to what I saw in front of me.

Could it be? Yes! A long sought Shinestarium! My hands shook mightily as I reached for my camera with its long telephoto lens and held my breath, praying that it wouldn't move off before I could capture it's stunning magnificence on film.

I hastily scribbled into my trusty notebook, "Today!! May 11, 2008! I spotted a Shinestarium!!!! and what's even more astounding!!! it is standing right next to a huge! green!! Styxyladium!!!!"

- Yes, I nearly used up the world's supply of exclamation points in that single entry into my notebook. Creeping quietly, and making no sudden movements I approached the Shinestarium and saw...


It had been horribly disfigured with a still bleeding branding. I quietly said to the Shinestarium named (or at least branded) "4/2 - 220/63", 'You poor thing, mankind owes you an apology.'

For a closeup of the Branded Styxyladium

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

LOL

(i think mankind needs help)

Anonymous said...

Iggster,how many times have you tripped and hit your head while walking? lol

LadyStyx said...

The late one was white...the brown one was the March Hare who hung out with the Mad Iggy...I mean Hatter...the Mad Hatter.

Oh my goodness...a Shinetarium! Ohhh the poor thing...branded too...no wonder it isnt glowing as it should be. This alien branding is really getting out of hand. It's nice to see it hanging out with a Styxyladium though. It's not often you see the two of them together.

ChicagoLady said...

Thank you for getting that fantastic picture of a Shinestarium! I'll keep my eyes open so we know if they are migratory.

LMAO Styx, The Mad Iggy! Hysterica! ;-)

Deanna said...

I'm late, I'm late for reading the next blog.... I can't keep up with your creative mind!

Intense Guy said...

I've fallen more than once but I've only hit my head (hard) once that I remember.

...but they *do* call me "Ol' Lumpy Head" for some reason...