
Graphic - courtesy of Punkn / Chatter2Chatter
*ring*
Operator (Voice of James Earl Jones): Thank you for calling AT&T, how may I help you?
Me: I'd like to make a call to Heaven please.
Operator: Heaven, huh?, hmmm, the Heaven main switchboard okay?
Me: Yes, that will be fine.
*ring* *ring*
Switchboard Operator: This is Archangel Gabriel, how may I serve you?
Me: I'd like to to talk to my friend Jopete, he came up there three months ago today.
Gabriel (chuckling): Oh Ho! you want to talk to that rascal Jopete do you? ha ha ha... well, he's around here somewhere, I'll ask Michael to find him and tell him he's wanted on the phone. In the meantime, we have a heavenly choir that does fabulous "hold music" or, well... it is Heaven, if you just want to talk you can.
Me: Well, Mr. Gabriel, you seem to know Mr. Pete, how is he, well, how is he fitting in up there? is he comfty? and is he happy?
Gabriel: Oh, please, call me Gabe. And Jopete is doing just fine. You know that there are several hundred million souls up here, doncha? Wish it were more, but you know how it is... anyway, when you get here, you don't have a body, but in order to make it easier to get along, interpersonally you know?, everyone imagines up themselves a body that everyone can see. Well, this month, half the women here look like Loni Anderson and Jopete has been busy around the clock giving them wild root injections.
Me (gasping in disbelief): Around the clock?
Gabe: Ahem.. Well, it *is* Heaven you see...
Me: Oh, right...
Gabe: And he's set himself up in the old rec room, the one with the 1960's hippy decor, you know, the peace sign, lava lamp stuff? Anyway, every night from 8 to 10 PM he plays these things he calls LPs and CDs... I don't understand how they work, but, when they spin, all of heaven is filled with music.
Me: Oh cool.. he's streaming.
Gabe (chuckling): My favorite song that he plays is by this character Alice Cooper! Gosh was I ever shocked to find out that Alice was a man. "Only Women Bleed" is really catchy. Every now and then he plays "Aliens Can't Sneeze", which is equally fab! Oh.. here's Michael, let me ask him whatssup.
[Murmering in Background]
Gabe: Oh, I'm sorry Iggy.
Me (interrupting): How'd you know my name?
Gabe: Hey, its Heaven...
Gabe . o O (I won't tell him we just got Caller ID installed last week)
Gabe: Anyway, Michael says Jopete is in a meeting with the main guy, and well, none of want to disturb God when He is in a meeting. Apparently Jopete is showing God how to download and install Real Player so He can play in that new game, Name That Tune, that Jopete has started. Can I give him a message?
Me: Yes, please tell him everyone says "Hi" and we all miss him. Oh, and what the heck, give him a hug for me?
Gabe: Will do.
Me: Thanks, umm.. Bye Gabe.
Gabe: See ya later!
Me: Gosh! I hope so!! :)
*click*

Graphic - courtesy of MsNitro / The Wolven

8 comments:
What a wonderful tribute, Iggy. I didn't know I still had tears in me, but I do. *wipes my eyes again and blows my nose* Wild root injections, indeed. He has heaven a rockin', that is for sure. Hugs. You made my day.
What a fantastic tribute to Jopete, Iggy. It made me smile and laugh, but also brought tears to my eyes. As punkn said, you also made my day to. I always think of him everytime I log into chat.
By the way... I forwarded the tribute to Teresa. She will love it.
Very nice, Iggy.
~gently smiles and moves to the next blogspot~
good job my friend...good job
Well done, Iggy. I think Jopete would have liked that.
That's really nice, Iggy... Well done, :)
Very Touching Iggy!
Post a Comment