Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Difference a Few Weeks Makes

As of April 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Steps: 2,489,559
Miles: 1043.09

I'm not happy sitting around today, but I got a lot done. I got the riding mower to start up for the first time this year and cut my lawn. I fixed my dryer - the heating element needed some TLC. I got the registration stickers put on the car and boat. I fixed the licence plate bracket on the car too. I did some wash and did the dishes and even cleaned out the fridge. All the usual odds and ends that take longer to "get around to it" then they do to "just do it".


The Schuylkill River near Fatland Ford / Sullivan's Bridge
- about March 27, 2008


The Same Location at about the same time of day
- April 18, 2008

I took the second picture Friday evening while walking along the Riverside Trail, after I whacked my ankle with a stone while getting the grass at the office. The ankle bruise caused me to walk a little "off" and I ended up with a bruised heel to go with it. Oh well, the heel is sore, but not multi-hued now. The ankle is a cool shade of blue-ish yellow.


The trailside is covered with blue wild flowers (FBWF) of unknown to me variety.

2 comments:

AliceKay said...

I got a lot accomplished today, too...but too tired to post about it. I'm still at it, for one thing. Just taking a little break to rest.

Nice pics. I can see the difference in the view along the river. Spring has sprung. I don't know what those pretty little wild flowers are, either.

I'm happy to hear you had a good day. Doing the little things that need to be done can feel very rewarding. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*snortlez @ the FBWF!!!* (took me about a half second to realize what ya meant with THAT one)

*composes self*

Lovely pictures....even of the FBWFs. Glad to hear the foot is feeling better today.