Steps: 2,156,722
Miles: 906.59

Back a while ago, I wrote about bottles in a Tree. This is a new picture that I took yesterday in bright sunlight.
I recently did some digging and discovered the reason why some people do this.
Slaves from the Congo in Africa brought the idea of the traditional bottle trees -- live trees with colored bottles on the ends of branches -- into this country. Bottle trees protected the homes from evil spirits by trapping spirits inside the bottles, where they could do no harm.
Apparently, blue colored bottles are preferred, and you really don't ever want to break a bottle since the trapped evil spirit(s) then escapes.

Now that I know this, I can sleep better at nights.
You can buy your own tree if you want

7 comments:
I'm glad you found out the reason for the bottles in the trees. Makes sense to me. (i was on the other blog and another one popped up in between again...LOL)
interesting...Not sure I'd want one in my yard as it would encourage the neighbors to drop more crap in my yard and I have enough problems with that already.
I love the bottle trees except the idea of them getting dusted and dirty or broken glass from being blown in the wind stops me from having one.
Not to mention the spiders and other little bugs that would make the bottles their home. The more I think the more I will just look at other peoples. We have the trees popping up all over here and I often wondered if they were more that maybe a party of drinkers decorating the yard
I'm sorry Alice Kay - I've stopped posting more than once a day trying to avoid this. Maybe there is a way to see if someone is in there reading when posting. I'll look in to it.
This person's yard is always clean and trash free (unless you consider the bottle trash) so either people respect "the tree" or the owner is out there every day cleaning up. Probably the latter.
A bottle tree isn't something I'd want in my yard. I much prefer nice green live ones!
I was just messing with you, Iggy. You can post as many times as you want in a day's time. I have. *hugs*
OMG $400 base price!!!! (plus S&H of course). I think I'll pass.
Post a Comment