Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's A Boy!

Harold and Delores O. Conehead
are pleased to announce
the birth of their son


Iggy Harold

born
April 15, 2008
at
12:15 p.m.
weighing
1/8 ounces
measuring
2 1/8 inches

---------------------------------


Little Iggy after his first toenail cutting

---------------------------------

Dear Diary: I am still at the hospital but have seen the doctor and have a treatment plan that I am to follow. Along with very strong anti-OCHA-OCD medication taken 6 times a day, the doctor has me involved in a number of activities and he says the treatment of mental illness often includes activities such as arts and crafts. I have been encouraged to paint, write, and do other forms of personal self-expression, however, I'm not so sure that my doing any of this actually helped.


The Complete OCHA "Birthing" Kit
1 - Orange Foam Sheet
1 - Blue Foam Sheet
1 - White paper with Cone cutout template
1 - Scissors
Scotch tape
Stapler

-Not pictured-
Cup of Coffee
Dust Rag, preferably clean(er)

As you can see from the picture above, I built a prototype using the paper cutout to determine sizes and angles.



Using DVD Case, scribe half circle onto Orange Foam

Ready to perform my sugery, I tackle the orange foam.



I Used the Paper Cutout to determine how much of half circle is needed to create cone of the desired angle. In this case, about 2/3d of it.

With or without religious ceremony, cut tip off top of cone.



Fold Blue Foam into a square and cut away excess

Re-do paper cutout model and cut it in order to create reflective stripe. Pull over little conehead's ..umm... head.

Mail out birth announcements.

10 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*blinkz*
*blinkz again*
*checks to see if hubby laced my Pepsi with something*
.oO(this is a hallucination right? What do you mean it's not?)

*leaves a link, grabs my ILuvMe jacket and crawls off to my snug padded suite*

Intense Guy said...

Wow... I'm impressed. They named their band after you LadyStyx!

I hope your ILuvMe jacket has one of the band's album covers on it.

:)

Intense Guy said...

P.s., start to finish this thing only took about 10 minutes. It took longer to upload the pictures and write the blog. LOL

AliceKay said...

Someone bored at work again?

Intense Guy said...

*nods*

...that and I can't help myself...

LadyStyx said...

Of course...was there any doubt?

Deanna said...

You're allowed to have scissors?

Deanna said...

*Send a congratulations card to Harold and Delores* Sure is a cute lil bugger.

LadyStyx said...

Oh wait...punkn's right...they allowed you pointy scissors? I would have expected them to only allow you the blunted kind....

Intense Guy said...

Hey, I wasn't walking or running anywhere when I was using them, and I had adult supervision. :)




*shhhhh!* I swiped them so I can make my escape!