
7 Drugstores and 39 Orange Coneheads
Also noted on the tablet was the date and some other pertinent information such as the count was done over 9.4 miles which took me 28 minutes to travel.
Some tips to novice counters:
Safety is paramount
Always use a hands-free counting system
Set some ground rules before you start
- Will you only count cones on the ground or will those on or in trucks also be counted?
- Are drugstores not directly on the road you travel, but visible down the roads at intersections to be counted?
Be patient, drugstores and coneheads seem to come in flurries. If you need to, pull over to the shoulder and get out of traffic to count larger numbers, or record the sighting in a picture or video for later counting.
Gas stations and construction sites of new drugstores are good places to spot coneheads.
If enough data are recorded, it may be possible to establish a correlation between the number of drugstores and the number of coneheads. My hypothesis is that the growing number of people with OCHA-OCD and/or OCHAshutterbugitis means more and more drugstores.
Thats all for now, happy and safe counting.

4 comments:
9.4 miles in 28 minutes! Dang! I think I'll stay in podunk Missouri. I drove 8.6 miles to get to work today in 10 minutes. Sadly I didn't go by a drug store or see any OCHAS. However, I did see a suspicious domicile where I suspect they are hiding. Am on the alert. I may have to put together a stake out.
LOL! I was in a hurry today. I did spot a minimum of 6 in the neighborhood as we were leaving. Only took one pic because the kidneys were in urgent need and the water had been shut off. Health and comfort first ya know ;) Saw about 2 dozen more (when I was paying attention) over the course of our travels...not many pix of those either as my camera has decided to work only when it wants to (it's a few years old at this point and I really need to invest in another one sometime).
LMAO...loved the tips. I loved this post...sit here L M A O. :)
(i write down song lyrics and take pics while driving in my car...i think that might be a no-no...LOL)
Punkn, the traffic here is horrible. Its like a 3d world county, the donut munchers enforce the law "rarely and barely" so people drive on the wrong side of the roads, on the sidewalks, the wrong way on one-way streets, don't even slow down for stop signs, almost never indicate turns and lane changes, stopping at red lights seems optional, and being able to read english signs not required for getting a license.
Add to that the law is "Keep left except to exit" on the highways too.
The two garbage trucks and the school bus I got stuck behind yesterday didn't help either.
Today it took 26 minutes, I had to detour about 2 miles because of an accident.
Post a Comment