Friday, April 18, 2008

Paper Clips and Coat Hangers

As of April 18, 2008 at 9:00 AM
Steps: 2,439,913
Miles: 1022.73

Dear Diary, I continue writing the story the doctor asked me to try to compose. I have with great satisfaction, written a gripping conclusion to the "Evil Plot Being Hatched" saga. I even feel much, much better today too.


Left tethered in the yard on a chain, Little Iggy enjoys the fresh spring air and the warm spring like temperatures. Not informed of the Department of Homeland Security's alert level, he is blissfully unaware of the dangers that lurk just over the horizon.


With a tinkling rattle, an army of Mutated Paper Clips enter the yard!


Oh I can't bear to look!


Their appetites honed to a razor's edge by misapplied bio-technology, the Mutated Paper Clips eat with great hunger. Little Iggy's reflective stripe is carried off as a trophy of victory and now hangs on the wall a Mutated Paper Clip Chieftain's den somewhere...


The Weapons of Mass Destruction, now loaded into their carriers, leave the scene in search of more OCHAs.

In Memory of Iggy Harold O. Conehead
April 15, 2008 - April 18th, 2008
-----------------------------------

What the lawyers make us say: Absolutely no orange coneheads were harmed in the making of this entry.

Postscript: Believe it or not, my mother asked me to write about paper clips. She says, "You ever notice paper clips? They spontaneously reproduce in my house and in my office at work -- much like coat hangers do in every one's closets. And did you ever notice they come in all sizes and colors and the new ones with the weird shapes?"

I am sure that this story wasn't what she had in mind. Have my OCHA days been left behind in lieu of paper clips and maybe even coat hangers? Only time will tell, but I hope God will be merciful.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

*Sobs uncontrollably as I view the destruction of little Iggy by the Mutated Paper Clips.*
Paper clips. Can you think of anything more versatile? It is my favorite stress reliever. I bend it, twist it, and shape it until it finally breaks. Then I start all over again with the largest piece left.

LadyStyx said...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lil iggy got neutered!!!!!!!! *boohoos*

AliceKay said...

*says a prayer for Little Iggy*

Big Iggy is always in my prayers. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

*puts out a bowl of bigger sized paper clips next to the popcorn bowl*

:)