Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Little People

Being part Irish, I am aware of some of the legends concerning the "little people." Today, on my walk to the Post Office, my skin started to crawl and that Irish 6th-sense alarm went off.

I looked around and ... saw them. In fact, I saw many of them.




In the space of just 3 blocks, I saw 2 angels, a what the heck is it?, a boy and his dog, a silver Buddha, 4 collections of bunnies, 3 collections of ducks, 3 collections of frogs, a frog with an eternity ball, a girl on her bike, 4 leprechauns, a lion, a pelican, a pig with wings, 2 Saint Francis(i?), a tiki, and a truck where the little people were off somewhere for lunch....

The town in which I work is a busy place! But what finally freaked me out completely, was the obelisk landing mooring post... with the welcoming sign.


Aliens Welcomed Here, Poop and All

10 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Dontcha just hate when people make comments like I did yesterday...just to have yourself fall into the Twilight Zone and see a sign like that near a hitchin post?

Intense Guy said...

Actually, I thought it was hilarious. The "welcome" sign is so mundane, I would have never even noticed it without that comment you made :)

By the way I counted hitching posts today too - its been a slow day huh? - and there are at least 3 of the granite obelisks and 2 others of unique design within a few blocks of each other.

Maybe the house that the post that has the welcome sign - will become as well known as the Amityville one. :)

AliceKay said...

Pretty cool observations. Cool pics, too.

Deanna said...

Lol you sure are making great use of the new camera! Enjoyed the post.

LadyStyx said...

LOL!

Intense Guy said...

Ye, I am enjoying myself with my new toy. :)

It hope the slideshow thingy worked out - I didn't want to post 30 pictures in a single entry!

LadyStyx said...

Yep...worked fine in both places I saw it posted.

Intense Guy said...

By the way, I looked into the hitching post thing some more and found this:

Guide Horses

Nifty looking lil' horses. But, I later talked to one of the homeowners who was sitting on his porch and found out he was "one of the plain folks" (Mennonite in this case - who are sort of a cross between Amish and Quaker) and that the hitching post was a family heirloom and for visiting family (which have never come).

Anonymous said...

Very interesting post Iggy... LOL!

ChicagoLady said...

Ummm, two of those leprechauns are actually gnomes. Note the red pointy hats? Loved the slideshow, great way to show all the pictures instead of posting them all one at a time.