Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dandelion Break

Yesterday I needed to get away from it all for a bit. So I headed over to the river and walked down the shady Schuylkill River Side Trail.



About a mile down the trail from the parking lot, I encounter the first and only person I would see for about an hour.



I went off the trail and stood on the river bank. The drop off at my feet is about fifteen feet. This is Fatland Ford which I am sure some of you recognize already and some of you are tired of looking at.



After I took this short movie, a squirrel crashed out of tree near me, and I tried to take his / her picture - it looked rather dazed, it seems the branch they were on had broken off. They got up and ran off before I could get a picture.



The river is really low. The brownish red rocks at the bottom of the river are starting to make their appearance. So I turned to take a picture of the "ford" when I spotted a deer walking out into the river.



The movie I took is quite a bit longer - someday I might try to figure out how to edit it.

7 comments:

LadyStyx said...

What a peaceful area. If it wasnt for my allergies, I'd love to spend all day there watching nature go by...

Deanna said...

What a wonderful break. Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed the movies.

AliceKay said...

Love the videos. Sure is a nice place down your way.

LadyStyx said...

*raises her baton* all together now *taps said baton*

Doe, a deer...a female deer...

Intense Guy said...

*clears his throat and sings badly and badly off-key*

Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow sew
Tea, I drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to do...
..oh oh oh

Anonymous said...

Sounds very simular to near me. :)

ChicagoLady said...

It does look very peaceful. Were those geese behind the deer in the water?

*clears my throat*

So, doe, la, fa, me, do, ray. So, doe, la, tea, do, ray, do.