
Size Comparison Between the Hindenburg, a 747, and the RMS Titanic.
The Hindenburg was only 79 feet shorter than RMS Titanic but could transport far fewer persons.

The promenade provided passengers with a spectacular view of the earth below. The adjacent dining area could accommodate all fifty passengers in one sitting. For comparision, the RMS Titanic could hold a total of 3,547 passengers and crew.

Passenger cabins measured only 78 x 66 inches. Each room was equipped with an upper and lower berth , folding wash basin (in folded position), a collapsible writing table.
Source with many more pictures

4 comments:
My goodness! One would get a bout of claustrophobia just LOOKING at that cabin...never mind actually getting IN there! A little Criso and a shoe horn and I ~might~ fit through the door....
I was thinking claustrophobia, too. LOL
*laffs*
I think the crew would frown on having to wipe crisco off the door frame...
Thanks for sharing the size reference. It's really hard to understand just how big the Hindenburg was, or the Titanic, without something to measure it against.
Post a Comment