Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday SpongeBob!

"SpongeBob SquarePants is a global phenomenon seen in 171 broadcast markets and translated into 25 languages."

"On July 17, Nickelodeon will celebrate the series' 10th anniversary with 'The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash Weekend.' The 50-hour marathon features 11 new episodes and a Top 10 favorites countdown."

birthday card showing all the spongebob characters
Picture from TV Guide, story by Davis A. Keeps - Thanks to LadyStyx for the heads up!

I'm going to need to do some mighty fast planning. This is even bigger than a Superbowl party!

I'm going to need:

  1. Large screen TV (do they have 410 inch ones yet?)
  2. A bright blue Porta-Potty in the TV room (or should I just go with Astronaut Depends? Hmm... decisions, decisions...)
  3. A large supply of chips and dips
  4. Several dozen liters of various flavors of soda
  5. A big, lined trash can next to the sofa
  6. A new sofa (I'm going to wear the current one complete out)
  7. A guest blogger or three to do some blogs for me
  8. A babysitter for Multo, Little Iggy, and the four remaining Beauty Queenies
  9. A nice big Xanax tablet to calm me down - This gives a whole new meaning to "One-a-Day" huh?


big sponge bob smile
Oooooh, I'm sure I've forgotten something... Argh, gosh durn it! It's too late for Queenie Jeannie to do up some custom invitations to mail out. Just consider yourselves invited and RSVP!

14 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

I hope they play my favorite episode. "SpongeBob vs. The Big One" guest starring none other than Johnny Depp.

LadyStyx said...

*laffin* Have a great time!

*wanders off humming My Favorite Things to herself*

Anonymous said...

It's ok, just breathe! I know it's exciting, but it's gonna be ok!

Yankee Girl said...

Holy moly!

At first this post just made me feel really old, then I read on about the party you are having. I'll be there in spirit!

AliceKay said...

I've always loved the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song and occasionally play it on a stream. :) Karen hates it when I look or mention something with SpongeBob to get for Ryan. LOL

Have a good weekend and count me in for the party. *hugs*

MarmiteToasty said...

If I lived nearer I would love to come and 'mong out' on the sofa with ya watching spongebob and munching crisps and drinking fizzy all day LOL

I cant believe its actually 10 years old.... bloody hell.....

x

yellowdoggranny said...

holy shit!....who's squarebob spongepants?
I haven't watched cartoons since fractured fairy tales...sorry...

Deanna said...

I'll bet those custom invitations would have been something! Count me in. Now breathe, Iggy, breathe...

Rita said...

Confession--have never watched the Squarepants Sponge person. ROFL!! You crack me up! :)

Dorkys Ramos said...

Sounds like you're in for one exciting weekend!

betty said...

I'll be there; gotta love Squarepants! sounds like a fun time!

betty

Anonymous said...

Well, it's a shame I'm not closer, 'cause that sounds like a fun weekend.

Has it really been 10 years already? WOW! *Looks shocked*

Melissa said...

Arrgh, How did I miss this?

I love him and his huge teeth, funny laugh and those big baby blues. He reminds me of my little brother.


I'm singing the Camp Fire Song song right now!

ChicagoLady said...

I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!

I'm too late?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
*gasp*
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Maybe they'll do re-runs?