Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Help Wanted -

Are there any American Idol wannabes out there that want to do a small project for me?


If you can sing something even remotely resembling this and aren't bashful of your rendition being made public - I'd like you to record the following to the same music:

Seeing OCHAs and then walking for miles
Chatters and bloggers and good friends with smiles!
Wonderful pals and the feelings they bring
These are a few of my favorite things.

Little Iggy and four Beauty Queens
Spongebob and Patrick, the sights to be seen!
White Chin-Strapped Ducks with the sun on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things.

Doggies and turtles and majestic Oak trees
ORBAs and Multo with stalky eyes of three!
Red Brested Robins announcing it's Spring
These are a few of my favorite things

When I can't get
Charlie's picture
And I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad!


Creative concept and source lyrics provided by LadyStyx

I have a few more variations of the theme written for others - for someone with a melodic voice and a heart of gold to sing.

18 comments:

Lainie said...

I can't sing but I am sure you will get some takers. Funny.
(I think I've caught up on your blog, now I have to move along to others. I missed a lot while I was away from my desk.)
Hugs Iggy! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

Karla said...

I really like those words! Why not let James write you some original music?

Yankee Girl said...

Let me talk to Leland and see what we can put together. This is something he would totally be interested in doing!

AliceKay said...

I wondered why you asked me Friday night during my stream if I had "A Few of My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music. I guess now I know.

Celticspirit said...

I can't help you with this one but I do want to say...Good Luck! Very cool song too. Why don't you sing it yourself?

Deanna said...

I hope Yankee Girl comes through for you. This is great!!!!!

If no one else does it, I'll see if Jim will...

betty said...

cute lyrics; now I got that song stuck in my head

my husband would probably sing it; people have complimented him on his good singing voice before; me......well, they just smile when I sing, I think they cringe a little too, but they smile....sort of

enjoy the day!

betty

jmt said...

I cannot WAIT to hear someone willing to sing.

yellowdoggranny said...

trust me sweety, the last person you want to have sing that lovely ditty...is me...I suck!..if you can't get anyone to do it..I can get my friend Danny who is a stage actor and has a great voice to do it for you..

JennyMac said...

too funny. Love the lyrics.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I can't sing. I hurt people's ears.

I LOVE The Sound of Music though.

Rita said...

Karma makes me laugh every day--and now you do, too! hehe! :):)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm sure The Bella would sing it for you.....LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think people heard enough of my attempts at singing when I was doing my streams. Probably kinder if I don't put anyone through it again. :)

LadyStyx said...

*laffin* I see you tweaked the song a bit. Kudos as it's much better than the version I sent you. I can't wait to see who has the guts to sing this puppy.


~LOVE~ the new comic in the header!!

MarmiteToasty said...

:( I cant see what suppose to be in the box, its just blank...

on saying that, I only sing good in the car, well, until I turn the music down and then I sound like a cat that has just been run over by a steam roller....

x

ChicagoLady said...

I love that movie, and all the songs in it. I can sing it, but I'm far too bashful to EVER let a recording of it get into anyone's hands, lol.