I didn't come away empty-handed or whatever the equivalent expression would be for "without an exposure or two on digital film".
I sat on a bench - which is unusual for me - and waited for whatever might come along. In the meantime, I enjoyed the pseudo-wildflowers at my feet.
Some butterflies passed my way and then with a flutter of wing beats, a Bluebird arrived on top of a nesting box about twenty feet in front of me. He looked at me.
And looked at me some more. For several minutes he eyed me, uncertain if he should enter the nesting box with me watching. I watched him closely too - wanting him to turn around so I could photograph his brilliant blue feathers.
The standoff continued for several more minutes until the Bluebird decided that he couldn't enter the nesting box with me quite so close. So off he flew - so suddenly I missed the shot of his blue feathers when he darted away to sit on a top of a nearby soccer goal post.
I at last could see his blue feathers but now he was too far away for a clear picture. Mildly frustrated, I got up and walked away past the nesting box. As I did so, the Bluebird flew over my head and swooped in onto the top of the box.
I quickly took his picture - and while it is still a bit fuzzy, the Bluebird of Happiness was with me. I quickly moved the camera setting to video and got him entering the nesting box to feed his children.
May the Bluebird of Happiness be with all of you this weekend.
This entry is dedicated to Queenie Jeannie.

17 comments:
Thanks for the pretty pictures and video. He sure can feed his babies fast!
Aww so cute! And you must be lightening fast with that camera. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Iggy :)
Very nice. :)
how sweet..may the blue bird of happiness..NOT crap on you...
I'm sorry this situation with your blogger friend is weighing so heavily on you. Your photos are great. I'm glad you decided to sit on the bench for a while :-)
loved your blue bird of happiness; very beautiful bird! we had 3 bluebirds in our backyard the other day; it was a good thing Koda is in Florida or otherwise he would have chased them away.
enjoy your weekend.......
betty
For some reason this post reminded me of the song Bye Bye Black Bird.
You must be blitzkrieg with a camera, I'd sit there watching and by the time I got the camera out the little bird would be gone.
Have a nice weekend.
I am grateful that a bluebird of happiness lives at my place the majority of the time--hehe! Be well and joyous this weekend. :):)
You are lucky. You seem to have so many places where you can go walking and see something different each time. While I do love OK, there is pretty much only flatland and prairie. I kinda miss the mountains and forests.
Lucky you! I NEVER have my camera when I see stumble upon something like this.
May the bluebird of happieness not shit on your shoes......
I wish we had bluebirds or humming birds or parrots over here wild and free like you doodles do....
I love the photos and the little vid....
x
What awesome shots you got!
"Empty carded" maybe? ;)
Glad you managed to get some good shots of the bluebird.
Hope you're having a good weekend, and that the bluebird of happiness is with you too. *Hugs*
Bluebird! I don't think I've ever seen one up close. Bluejays...we have lots of those, but they're no bluebird. Lucky you!
Aww!
Hey, did you hold your breath when you snapped that video?
What are you now, a bird whisperer? :)
You can breathe now...
These pictures are really nice! I know how hard it is to take good bird pictures, especially with a point and shoot.
Post a Comment