Monday, July 6, 2009

Dandelion Break

the rain falls hard at the antique boat museum boathouse
The rain falls hard at the boathouse where the Garden Gala was held

This past weekend I went to the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton, NY and the Thousand Islands region of the Saint Lawrence Seaway. I even visited Schermerhorn's Harbor (but didn't take any pictures there).

I took lots of pictures - but I don't know if it was the gloomy oft-times rainy weather - but I just got more and more depressed about being alone. I got to thinking how much I wished I were twenty years younger and a lot less stupid, or socially inept. I might write an entry or two later about the trip. I have uploaded some of the pictures into flickr.

view from the bed and breakfast window The view from the window at the Bed and Breakfast

a mermaid spread eagle on teh leading edge of a boat A very decorative cutwater

Inside one of the many Antique Boat Museum's buildings during the rain

miss thousand islands the second cruises away Miss Thousand Islands II rides off with some people enjoying the Garden Gala

a large wooden boat named the Zipper gleams in the darkening waters The Zipper returns to the museum's boathouse with a load of passengers

...I'll be back when I get things together again...


Perhaps you will enjoy a short cruise in the meantime.


18 comments:

jmt said...

Why does that water look so peaceful? I'm hit or miss when I think about lake water....weird, I know.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Hope you feel better soon...

*Hugs* for Iggy

MarmiteToasty said...

(((Iggy))) you are neither stupid nor inept.... so you can bloody well stop that right now...

I often wish I was 20 years younger so that I could of made more of me life, instead of all those wasted years....

Its tipping it down here now and has been for a few hours... weeks and weeks of a heatwave here in England and the night before Jacob leaves for bivi camp in the new forest the weather changes LOL sods law right?

They have to make their own tent out of tarpaulin etc, and it looks like a ghetto for the homeless when everyone has erected their bivis lol, and they have to take there own food to cook, mainly tins though.... I went on line today and order me groceries and ordered tins of stuff for his 5 days and cakes and breads and and and tins of custard, he has enough food in a huge sealed container to feed an army for a month, he is taking more food with him then what we have in the house lol..... but there will be no where to buy food there in the forest... he is all packed and sorted and his maties mum will pick him up for me in the morning and drop him off at the school....

I so WISH with all my heart that I was going, I so use to love bivi camp, there is so much I miss about my life, I so need it back....before its all to late.....

huge hugs and kisses ((((Iggy))))) know you are so loved....

and that rain in the photos is enough to make even the strongest depressed.... but I LOVE the old wooden boats....

x

Anonymous said...

You're not alone, you got me!
(((Hugs)))

AliceKay said...

I had hoped the weather would have been better for you while you were up there, but when I checked the live web cams for Alexandria Bay Saturday morning, I could see the rain. :( That area is such a beautiful area when the sun is shining. When Terri and I were up there the last time (many years ago when the kids were little) we took the kids and his mom and sister to Clayton for an ice cream cone one night. It was nice and warm and the lights over the water was really pretty. I wish you could have seen them.

I clicked on the link for Schermerhorn Harbor. It makes me a bit sad that the new owners of the Harbor have removed the History link for that area. For those who might be interested, Terri's family (Terri is my husband) was the orginal owners of what used to be known as Schermerhorn's Landing. Terri's mother is a Schermerhorn and her uncle was the original owner. It has grown a lot since we've been up there. Thank you, Iggy...for bringing back some wonderful memories for me.

You hang in there. Your friends are here for you, and always will be. *hugs*

AliceKay said...

And I click on your flickr link and see some beautiful photos. *hugs*

yellowdoggranny said...

I love the water and love those old boats..i saw a show on roadside antiques and it was on nothing but the old wooden boats...they were beautiful..no fiberglass for them..they just looked so smooth and sleek...you know you could really sleep well aboard them..or i could..i'd give my left chichi to be able to go with you on these little excursions...dang!

Anonymous said...

*Hugs*

Yankee Girl said...

Even in the gloom everything looked so beautiful and peaceful.

Remember that you are beautiful as well.

Melissa said...

Wow, the lake looks lovely!

Me and lakes don't hang out anymore...but they are nice to look at!

Melissa said...

Oh I forgot...It's never too late Iggy.
Never!

Deanna said...

Iggy, Iggy, Iggy. You make so many so happy. You are perfect. You are not stupid or socially inept! The rain is such a downer. And dear man, would you really want to backtrack 20 years??? I throw myself regular pity parties and then give myself permission to smile again. You are loved! HUGE HUGS!

AiringMyLaundry said...

These pictures make me want to go out onto a boat.

sugarlens said...

I clicked on your flickr stream, beautiful pictures! I am impressed that you are keeping up with uploading pics there, I gave that up a long time ago. :)

PS. Agree with Melissa - it's never too late to find a companion! In the meantime, at least you got us!

jewelzmomof4 said...

Iggy I know that we are just starting to get to know eachother but I do know one thing from reading your posts and from the way my mom talks about you that you are a wonderfully smart man. You make me smile on a regular basis while reading either your blog or reading you comments. Keep your chin up That rain will go away and your smile will come back soon (((( HUGS)))).

LadyStyx said...

I think everyone else has expressed it well enough. No other words are needed....


*HUGZ*

ChicagoLady said...

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sherri Murphy said...

I wanted to leave a comment on the HANDS post, but couldn't for some reason.

Anyway, I appreciate your placing Tyson's photo and a link to my post on your sidebar. I'm sure he will be thrilled to receive all the cards of encouragement, and prayers and just to know others are thinking of him.

I love the hands post, and for the record, if I didn't know better, I'd swear those were my brother's hands!
Dave, is that you???