Saturday, July 19, 2008

Casablanca - remade slightly...

Casablanca is an American film classic. Filmed in black and white and starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman - it is set in a french African colony in the early days of WWII. It contains such memorable lines as "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.'", and "Round up the usual suspects" - it ends with another memorable line -

As ED and Captain Louis Renault are seen from behind, slowly walking across the runway where Ilsa's plane just have left, into the darkness and enveloping fog, ED says:



"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

I've seen this "classic" twice and I still don't understand "what happened?" and do not understand the ending of this movie.

Nor do I understand how ED (you may remember from a previous entry) now happens to have a "friend" with the same condition ED suffers from.

I was going to caption this "Misery Loves Company". I'm thinking the two upright cones might be Mrs. ED and Mrs Louis - but as usual, they weren't talking.

This entry extensively edited Saturday evening July 19.

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*shakes head and moves along*

ChicagoLady said...

I honestly don't understand this one. Who are the dead ones? I'm assuming ED and Louis are the upright ones.

Karla said...

My my iggy...I don't think a female can have ED...emm I dunno...LOL

psst Denise..ED... the dead ones....they don't function right...

LadyStyx said...

Damn...now I got that commercial that starred Bob Dole running through my head...make it go away , make it go away!!! ARRRRRRGH!!!

*laffz*

ChicagoLady said...

*wanders off to another blog still lost*

AliceKay said...

I'm still lost too, chicagolady. (one reason why i never commented before this...LOL)