Monday, July 7, 2008

An Explanation of the Obelisks

Last week while exploring the Internet on the various legends surrounding obelisks and attempting to verify Lady Styx's hypothesis that they were somehow beacons for Aliens trying to find a place to land - for sinister invasion purposes - I entered a surprisingly deep realm of mystic mumbo-jumbo.

From freemasonry to preservation to eternal life... the obelisk and pyramid lore is astonishing.

The US one dollar bill has a pyramid with an 'all seeing' eye at the peak and is wrapped in latin sayings.
A close up of the pyramid on the US one dollar bill

For all of us that no longer speak Latin fluently, “Annuit Coeptis” means “He [Ed. Note: "God"] favors our undertakings.” “Novus Ordo Seclorum” means “New order of the ages.” Why this is on our one dollar bill I dare not presume to guess.

But my astonishment was not to end with the tour of the Internet's boundless cornucopia - I decided to take a closer look at a picture sent to me by roving Photojournalist Chicago Lady.

She told me that this obelisk was right out front of where she worked. Imagine my astonishment when I opened the image file and saw ....this:





marvin the martian riding his/her spaceship tethered to the top of the obelisk

Clever woman, that Chicago Lady, setting her camera for a "self portrait".

So there you have it, while some of us aspire to having a reserved parking spot by the front door - some of us already have one.

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

LOL

ChicagoLady said...

I think I did a mighty fine job of taking that picture. Imagine how long I had to stand waiting to catch Marvin in the act of landing at my building!

LadyStyx said...

*laffz*

Karla said...

*shakes my head and lafffssss*

Anonymous said...

LOL!