
St. George, South Carolina boasts of being the home of the one and only... (insert drum roll please)
World Grits Festival
In the mid 1980s, town leaders wanted to create a yearly festival for the city. After a search of possible festivals, local grocery store (Piggly Wiggly Supermarket) owner John Walters discovered from the Quaker grits people that the upper part of Dorchester County (of which Saint George is located) consumes more grits per capita than any other place in the world. The Worlds Grits Festival was then created and has been held each year since.
During the festival, which takes place in mid April, close to 30,000 people flock to the tiny town for food, music, and games. One event includes people rolling in grits.

I would think doing this is probably good for some skin conditions.

Hey, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried...
I'll spare you any more pictures and I'm going to virtually walk a little (er, make that a lot) faster.
Source
And if you HAVE to know:
What are grits?
Grits are made from the milling of corn kernels. The first step in the process is to clean the kernels; then, the grains are steamed for a short time to loosen the tough outer hull. The grain kernel is split, which removes the hull and germ, leaving the broken endosperm. Heavy steel rollers break up the endosperm into granules, which are separated by a screening process. The large-size granules are the grits; the smaller ones become cornmeal and corn flour.
Source

9 comments:
So basically the eating of grits is the eating of corn Sperm???????
Oh Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... what ever are we gonna do with you.
:-)
No Aus... just the end o sperm...
No Jolly Green Giant jokes please.
^5's aug n punkn
.oO(how about creamed corn jokes?)
*gigglez*
Creamed corn sperm and only the end of it..sound like a boring job seperating them heads and tails but I guess it is how you pull it that counts LOL
Can almost picture the thoughts of a creamed corn sperm spa running through Aussie's head lol
*snortlez!* ^5's again for aussy
I always said Ausgrl was a bad one. LMAO
Post a Comment