Saturday, March 8, 2008

Trading Boots for Swim Fins

As of March 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM
Steps: 1,694,108
Miles: 716.86

I didn't walk much yesterday (Friday) due in part to the weather and due in part to not feeling so great. But not wanting to get too far behind in my walking goal for the month, I pushed myself out the door today - and it was tad soggy out.


The Schuylkill River (Swim) Trail

The bike path is higher up on the side of the hill than the old walking path along the river. I thought I'd take the "low road" to see what state the river was in.


The river was high and running muddy, Hershey chocolate-ty muddy.

I got about a mile down the trail when the skies opened up and the rains returned in a vengeance. I pulled up my raincoat hood, climbed up the mud bank to the bike path, walked back to my car and went home.

Several hours later, and after a hot bath, I walked around the block for while (I lost count after the 8th time) to get to seven miles for the day.

2 comments:

AliceKay said...

The skies opened up and let loose several times up here today. Not sure what the creeks look like since I've been home from work, but they can't be good. It's gotten colder tonight so look out ice. There are flurries in the air, too.

Hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

We had some rain today too but not to the extent y'all been getting.