Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Today, Easter Sunday, I decided to walk to the Valley Green Inn. Early this morning, however, the weather was windy and quite cold, so I took the train to one end of the Wissahickon Creek, thinking I could always walk downwind to Fairmount Park toward the Art Museum if it wasn't warm enough.

I got off the train and was very undecided. At the last moment, something made me turn left toward the Valley Green Inn instead of right, toward the Fairmount Water Works and the Art Museum.

After I had set my course toward the Valley Green Inn, and walked about ten minutes, the wind suddenly died - and the sun became comfortably warm. I took a lot of pictures but for now - I share only two, and the song that was inside me on this glorious day.


Thomas Livezey family House and Grist Mill

Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!

Love’s redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Lo! the Sun’s eclipse is over, Alleluia!
Lo! He sets in blood no more, Alleluia!


A view of Forbidden Drive

Vain the stone, the watch, the seal, Alleluia!
Christ hath burst the gates of hell, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids His rise, Alleluia!
Christ hath opened paradise, Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once He died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia!

2 comments:

AliceKay said...

Nice pics, Iggy. Sounds like you had a wonderful walk. We took pics on our way back home from dinner today. (it was bitter cold standing on that river bridge in Towanda this afternoon. the wind was so bad it stung my eyes and made them tear up)

We sang "Jesus Christ Is Risen Today" as our opening hymn at church this morning. One of my favorite hymns. (yep, i went to church...and the roof was still up there where it should be when i left)

LadyStyx said...

What a great day for a walk and a wonderful song to come to mind.