Monday, March 31, 2008

Do Not Enter - Crime Scene

...We interrupt our regular programming with this breaking news from the Pie-In-the-Sky newsroom. Here now is Talkinhead Hypespewer.

Talkinhead: We have a late breaking report of mob violence, mayhem! and possibly explosions and dead people!

We go now to Monroeton's Department of Motor Vehicles Driver Licencing Test Center and our reporter Dishy Dullfacts for details.


Live Pie-In-the-Sky Video of the Breaking Event!

Dishy Dullfacts: Thank you, Talkinhead, I am at the scene of the disturbance where you can clearly see, there is no one arou...

Talkinhead: Excuse me Dishy, we need to interrupt! We will be back with details of this tragedy after these words from our sponsors!

(6 or 7 commercials - with the most mindless one shown twice)

Talkinhead: For those of you just joining us (said in a tone of shock that someone wouldn't have already been watching) we have a report of mob violence in Monroeton!

To recap! Apparently a gang of five Orange Striped Barrels with heavy batons have senselessly and badly beaten another OSB whose condition at this time is not known! The reason for this vicious attack is not known! The angry gang of OSB's, who may or may not have been police officers, and the victim whose name is not known, are believed to be the cause of a serious traffic accident! Gosh, do we have another Rodney King thing happening here?! We go now to the scene where our reporter Dishy Dullfacts is standing by with a her report!


Live Pie-In-the-Sky Video of the Breaking Event!

Dishy Dullfacts: ...As I was saying, I am at the Monroeton's Department of Motor Vehicles Driver Licencing Test Center, the scene of the disturbance where you can see, an OSB is on the ground.

Earlier today, an applicant taking their driver's test, was performing the parallel parking portion of the test and accidently knocked over an OSB. Obviously, they should have failed the test but probably did not.

I am told that the fallen OSB, simliar to those available from the local Highway Supply depot at a cost about $35,000, will be set upright again, possibly as soon as within a couple weeks. Live, at the scene of major excitement in Monroeton, I'm Dishy Dullfacts.

Talkinhead: Stayed tuned! We will be back after these messages with the latest weather forecast! Will there be 9!? 10!? 20!? inches of snow in our area? Or will 5 or 6 tornados be blowing through?!?!

(6 or 7 commercials - with the one that was shown twice previously being the first one shown)

Pictures supplied by roving photojournalist Alice Kay.

4 comments:

LadyStyx said...

*wipes water off her monitor-laffing* I should know by now that I really need to not be eating or drinking while reading your blog. Ya know...they just get better and better.

Kudos to Alice for capturing the action!

Karla said...

LMAO Have you ever thought about writing for a living..Your really good!!!

AliceKay said...

LMAO...you done good, Iggy....you done good! :)

ChicagoLady said...

LMAO, best laugh I've had all month!