Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cement-Headed Door Watchers


Are These Cement-Headed Door Watchers?

Sometime back, I wrote an entry called Scientists Discover New Aliens and introduced this species. I realize now I may have mislabelled them. I might of mistakenly called them Cement-Headed Door Watchers.

Thanks to new evidence provided by roving photojournalists Lady Styx and Alice Kay (with help from Scuba Dude), scientists might be able to better name and classify them.


Fancy City Slickers - Submitted by Lady Styx

These critters (how's that for avoiding the him/her/it difficulty?) are watching and/or guarding a parasite on the wall of what looks like a self-storage unit. These fancy shiny critters may not even be cement filled.


Their Rural Cousins - Submitted by Alice Kay

According to the photographer, these two critters along with two or three others not in the picture, are guarding an Automatic Teller Machine (ATM). They no doubt think this is a noble duty. I think these "fellows" are cement filled. They do appear to be of the same species as the ones I photographed.

So, now we need to decide exactly what the critters Lady Styx captured on film are... Are they relatives of the "Cement-Headed Door Watchers"? Or are they entirely different species?

And are they watchers or are they guarders? I firmly believe only closer inspection will tell.

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

My ever-so-helpful brother says, "You got to think outside the box. These critters are actually exhibiting Ostrich like behavior and have their heads buried in the ground. They are obviously Rusty-Necked Bouncers.

Not that I have ever seen a human bouncer at an ATM.

Intense Guy said...

I won't mention his reason for why they fill the umm... hole with cement.

ChicagoLady said...

I think they are all related, they just evolved differently depending on what they were watching or where they decided to live.

LadyStyx said...

Im with Chicago. I mean...look at what happens to other animals when they become isolated from others of the same species...a new sub-species invariably evolves. Quite interesting theory there.

Hmmm...heads in the ground...that means the opposite end is in the air...My God I hope they havent discovered Taco Bell (or Taco Bueno, Panchos or any of that ilk) yet. Methane from cows and other livestock's bad enough...can you imagine if all the aliens let loose *plugs nose*.