Friday, April 3, 2009

Me and My Chicken, Part 2

Yesterday morning I went to the Doctor's office because the cold I caught Sunday or Monday didn't seem to be going away on its own accord. The doctor took one look at me and said, "What are you doing here? You should be home in bed! Drink lots of fluids and eat some Chicken Soup!"

When I got home, I found Shake cavorting out in front of the house - He really likes the underwear I got him.

a picture of an oven broiler chicken, plucked and ready to cook on a sign stuck in the yard in front of a house wearing ocha underwear

I admit, I got really jealous. And when I had some NyQuil later that morning and laid down and rested my eyes, I had the usual weird thoughts and dreams. I couldn't tell the thoughts apart from the dreams. I'm feeling a little better now though - I had some soul-warming, heart-healthy chicken soup a short while ago.

a picture of a bowl filled with chicken soup

Strange thing is - I got the coolest underwear on, and I although I've looked high and low, I can't find any trace of ol' Shake...

8 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh lordy, Iggy. I choked on that one. Poor shake. I see you settled on the OCHA undies rather than the squirrel ones...
I hope your cold gets better soon. Mine is in its third week and I'm still snuffling and snorting and hacking.

Karla said...

Poor shake! lol

Okay they say you can't get preggers over the internet..but...it obviously looks like we can share our cold germs!!! LOL

yellowdoggranny said...

hahaa..why do i think there won't be a me and my chicken part 3?

AliceKay said...

I hope you feel better soon. That chicken soup should really help. LOL

LadyStyx said...

Knowing iggy, Im sure this aint the last of Shake. He;ll find a way back into this blog someway or other!

ChicagoLady said...

Maybe Shake met some Bake?

Hope you're feeling fit as a fiddle in no time, Iggy.

HUGS

Melissa said...

I hope you feel better soon. Everyone is sick, I sound like a frog at the moment. I hope if goes away soon because I hate the doctors office. Old magazines, cold stethoscopes and shots...not fun!

Anonymous said...

Know what I think?

I think that when Shake saw you eating the chicken soup he decided to run while he could. And he gave you back the underwear you gave him so he could run easier... It's got to be difficult for chickens to run in clothes. I mean, they often slow humans down if they get wet or something, and chickens aren't used to them.

Yep... That's what happened!

*Grins*

Get well soon, Iggy! *Hugs*