Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Turtle Beach

This past weekend the weather was so nice I just had to get out of the cabin and take a walk along the Schuylkill River. My legs were complaining so I just took a gentle stroll and enjoy the sun in my face and the warmth in the air.



The grass is gloriously green once more and the fields are covered with spectacular yellow Buttercups and Bluebells.



Nary a spot is uncovered, the flowers are everywhere. The trees, seemingly overnight, came into full green leaf.



I was happy to see my friend the Moose, survived the rigors of the winter. You see him here peering at the White Chin Strap Ducks that arrived from elsewheres.



You may remember this moose isn't really a moose. Its just a tree stump.



I took this picture and then I laughed outloud. In doing so, I spooked all the turtles away - but in my head I could imagine what these guys and gals had been saying.

"Ah, that glorious sunshine!"

"Hey! I was here first, move over!"

"Get off of me!"

"Anyone want to spread some lotion on my back for me?"

"Is it time to face the other way yet?"

"When will they make sunglasses that fit us?"

"Two's company, three's a crowd, and ten is a spring break happening!"

"When those blue bells ring, the ice cream man is here!"

15 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i love the tree moose, that's cool..and every time i see turtles like that i think:"turtle orgy"

LadyStyx said...

Just remember, yellowdog went there, I didnt. :D

Lainie said...

Oh the signs of spring! We are just now getting some green in the lawn and the daffodils are up and blooming. We are expecting some gorgeous weather on Friday and Saturday. I look forward to seeing a turtle orgy too!

AliceKay said...

Great pics. Looks really nice and warm there. Another cool, wet day in northeastern Pennsylvania today.

Hope your day is a good one. *hugs*

MarmiteToasty said...

Cripes just look at that moose log, I really thought it was a moose before you explained lol was gonna tell ya I was jealous you got to see a moose lol

thats truely an amazing log though.... I WANT IT lol

How pretty and green everything is looking there now.... and the carpet of yellow little flowers makes me wanna strip naked and roll in them LMFAO ahahhahahahah

Just finished with me NVQ3 assessor phew...... Ive passed Paper 3 :) wooo hooo.... all this hard work had better be worth it :)

Happy Tuesday dear you

x

Dorkys Ramos said...

Hahaa, nice to hear/see you enjoyed this awesome weather. Cool "moose!!" It sure fooled me (don't if it's saying much considering where I'm from).

sugarlens said...

Hehe, you have a great imagination! I enjoyed that turtle dialog.

Deanna said...

I'm so glad to see the moose log survived the winter. For some reason I have this vision of you putting a cow bell around it's neck or something...
I'll bet those turtles weren't saying nice things about you, interrupting their orgy and all ;)

Melissa said...

What lovely photos! Do you take them or does someone take them for you? I tagged you come and see!

ChicagoLady said...

Beautiful pictures! It's so pretty there along the river when everything is coming back to life.

I'm glad you got outside and enjoyed some of the nice weather.

There Punkn goes, giving you ideas again! LOL

Celticspirit said...

I love the nature pictures. The turtle picture is the coolest!

Anonymous said...

Next time you're going there... Take me too! :)

Karla said...

How nice..spring is definantly in the air! Nice pics too..love that moose! very seldom do stumps look so lovely!

Intense Guy said...

YDG - thanks for the turtle orgy. LOL!

Marmy - Congrats on passing paper 3!! I'll ship you the moose stump when I ship those big rusty balls you wanted.

Mellisa - I took all these photographs. :)

ChicagoLady - yes, you would think Punkn would know better than that... LOL!

Thanks all of you - I was really happy with how these pictures came out - especially the turtle one.

Lainie said...

Iggy can I please 'borrow' your turtle pic? I would really like to dress up my monitor here at work and put that very springlike photo on my desktop? Pretty please??