Surely, Walt Disney was one of those.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, made in 1937, was the first full length animated feature to be produced by Walt Disney, and the first American animated feature film in movie history.
It's a little known fact that it was based on a true story familiar to many employed in the pharmaceutical business.
The actual, true to life story, is about Beige White, a nurse who tended shut-ins and invalids, primarily and notably, the Seven Orange Cones. The Seven Cones, I'm sure you are all familiar with and know their names:
There was Doc, who with the aid of a stolen prescription pad, wrote out orders for himself and the rest of the cones. He, of course was later the inspiration for the Fox Networks TV series, House.
Sneezy, poor little cone, was always getting antihistamines, like Allegra, Clarinex, and Zyrtec D.
Sleepy, was always strung out on massive doses of Ambien, Lunesta, Sonata, and Rozerem in varying combinations.
Dopey, was really dopey! He guzzled NyQuil PM around the clock, even in the AM!
Happy, was the result of a modern medical miracle along with large amounts of Prozac and Zoloft, with some Lamisil to treat the main problem of having frequently wet feet, thrown in for good measure.
Bashful, needed copious amounts of Levitra and Viagra for things... to work.
Grumpy was the guy that drove the other six cones to work every day and the traffic and bad drivers made him grumpy - well that, and always getting the leftover medications that the other cones didn't want - mostly epidural spinal injections.
One day, while Beige White was cleaning the filthy mess the Seven Cones had made of their home - she saw this:
Picture supplied by Photojournalist Marmite Toasty (who should be in no way blamed for this entry)
She heard the Seven Cones singing lustily, feeling no pain after having been just arrested for a night of hooliganism, their favorite song:
Hi Ho Hi Ho, Its Off To Jail We Go!!
We pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop
All our Meds the whole day through
To pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop
Its what we like to do
It ain't no trick
To knick some tricks
If ya pop pop pop
With a shovel or a spoon
--inaudible--
There's a million tablets
'N they're miiinnnneee!
We pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop
From early mornin' til' night
We pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop
Up everything in sight
Don't you agree? Wasn't Walt Disney a genius? I'm sure the screenwriter had to some really heavy-duty editing.

17 comments:
I think the remake should be directed by Quentin Tarentino. ;-)
Lovely...But Lainie I think that perhaps Tim Burton can really bring his flare to this flick.
I love Snow white, really my favorite disney movie,my mom used to call me Snow white.I believe I still have a Snow White doll on my bed, yikes!!
As a die-hard Disney fan, I really like this remake! hehe.
Ok I have to admit you had me going until I came to the part of the seven orange cones! You are a hoot. ;)
Did you make that up?
I think they got arrested for nicking all those traffic lights you see on the back on the lorry......
I will admit you had me going for a moment lmfao.... thought it was a serious post LOL....
*shaking me head and walking away from the computer*
x
LOL Beige White and the Seven Orange Cones. You had me going at first too... You are a total hoot!
LMAO...when will it be released in theaters? I really want to see this one!
Oh my dear! Now we know where that tainted NyQuil came from that you ended up with a couple weeks back...
Well, I have been missing out..you have been busy!
You got me at first too. :) You have a very creative mind, Iggy!!
I could use some good drugs right now. I think I am getting a sore throat, and damn it all, I don't have time to be sick!!! :O
MWAH!
~gypsy-heart
Ps Is that really a woodpecker's nest? I have never seen one, and I've lived in Florida my whole life where they are abundant.
Yes, the virsion I'm familiar with was a fair bit different. The writers must have had their work cut out editing it to make it suitable for children to watch.
(And you wonder why you didn't get a "G" rating for your blog? lol!)
your blog is like a box of chocolates..you never know what your going to get...
So true, yellowdog granny.
"Compromised the integrity of the bathroom" means peeing on the seat...or floor...and sometimes walls. It can also mean vomit. Either way, why don't (most) men clean up????
I just spent an hour cleaning a bathroom so I was sort of on a rampage!
Yaya - I made everything up after the third paragraph except for the dwarfs' names.
Gypsy-Heart - A woodpecker did all that damage to my house in less than a week. He was trying to get to some ants that live between the planking and the sheeting insulation. The hole goes clear on through to the studs. Fortunately, this is an exterior porch wall.
YDG - I hope thats a good thing! :)
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard! I'm wondering if you're having lasting side-effects from the Nyquil? LOL
Post a Comment