
The Loch Ness Monster is a creature believed to inhabit Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. Popular interest and belief in the animal has fluctuated since it was brought to the world's attention in 1933.
Today, you can buy a little stuffed Loch Ness Monster, fondly called Nessie, at souvenir stands on the highway that runs along the lake.
Seventy six years later to the day, Photojournalist Punkn captures the very first picture of the long rumored, Big Muddy Ocha!

Long hidden in the murky muddy depths of the Mississippi River, our intrepid photojournalist alertly gets the picture, before the elusive beast slowly sinks beneath the raging flood waters.

She reports, there are vendors hawking little orange traffic cones on the side of the road near what has been rechristened, "Ocha's Bend" for as little as $1.99. I bet you will be able to order your very own stuffed Big Muddy Ocha from an Internet website before the week is over!

10 comments:
*snortle* Oh dear. I shouldnt have come in here before bedtime. Now Im going to have dreams of big, orange, floating beasties while I sleep!
A bit of me lunchtime sarnie has just coughed up me nose lmfao.....
We could set up a stall by the side of your pond and flog soveniers to daft holidaymakers.... rich, I tell ya, we will be rich :)
x
OMG the tales you spin! Those two chatty neighbors set up the OCHA Bend stand. Those pictures were taken along the road to Tessa's house. Now every time we drive by that river access point, we will grin and point and say "OCHA Bend!"
Thanks for the laugh today, Iggy. I needed it!
It's only a matter of time before you can't move for tourists there. So you better get your visit in quickly Iggy. :)
Laughs at Marmite... well, we could make billions if we have a shelve of Marmite to sell along side of the OCHAs!
Laughs at Tori! Hey! Watch your elbow there!
Giggles and snorts at Punkn. :) Someday Ocha's Bend will be printed on the AAA maps and included on Google map huh? LOL!
What a nice thing to wake up to..At least I'll be in a good mood all day thinking about OCHA bends thanks to Iggy!
Long-rumored, huh? Big Muddy Ocha must stay too far south in the Mighty Miss for me to see. As many times as I've crossed her, if an Ocha were in there, I'd have seen it. Unless this Ocha is a relative new resident of the river? How do you know the age of an Ocha?
i'l never skinny dip in the mighty mississippi again..
LOL!!
Lake Champlain has "Champ" as well. But neither is as cute as the Ocha Punkn spotted!!!
Aww - cute little Ocha.
Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to see Nessie (or Ochie, as the muddy lake inhabitant should henceforth be known) when I went to the lake.
You known what else happened in 1933? Hitler became chancellor of Germany!
Forgive me, I was doing History today... :)
Post a Comment