Friday, April 17, 2009

My New Pet!

My new pet is coming soon!

If you been following the news, a Polish politician has criticised his local zoo for acquiring a "gay" elephant named Ninio who prefers male companions and will probably not procreate.

"We didn't pay 37 million zlotys (15 million dollars! I hope they had a double-savings coupon!) for the largest elephant house in Europe to have a gay elephant live there," says Michal Grzes.

"We were supposed to have a herd, but as Ninio prefers male friends over females how will he produce offspring?" said Grzes, a conservative councillor in the city of Poznan in western Poland.

The head of the Poznan zoo said 10-year-old Ninio may be too young to decide whether he prefers males or females as elephants only reach sexual maturity at 14.

...but hey... their loss is my gain! And I'm getting ready for him!

me holding up a photoshop enhanced mutt mitt the about 4 foot square in size

How many of you can hear the famous line from Jaws where Police Chief Martin Brody (Roy Scheider) says, "I think I'm going to need a bigger hand?"

11 comments:

Lainie said...

LOL First I have never heard of a gay elephant but hey they need love too! You will need a bigger everything my friend! Perhaps someone who can sew can make your new pet a nice pair of Depends like pants?

AliceKay said...

LOL *shakes head in disbelief and goes to get ready for work*

Melissa said...

A Gay Elephant??? LOL
Yes,I'd say that you'll need bigger everything!!
Hey is he the pink elephant in the room?

Deanna said...

Is he going to go on that 27 mile hike with you?

LOL gay elephant.

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ the idea of a gay elephant.

According to Carl and Rachel riding on the back of an elephant is quite nice. They advise not standing behind one (or down wind of one) if you can help it though.

Perhaps you can ride him to work and do away with your car? I'm sure an elephant ride would be much more fun. Plus, you'd have a better view, so maybe you could spot more Ochas and Charlies from that height?

MarmiteToasty said...

Im sure you read it wrong, when you read the description of your new pet..... surely it must of said 'grey elephant' :) - but to be safe, just dont let it walk behind you LOL

x

yellowdoggranny said...

i did a post a few years ago about how almost 1/4 of all flamingos are gay..they partner up for life and sometimes will have 3somes..2 males and one female..2 females one male..cracked me up..

LadyStyx said...

Oh sweet HEAVEN! Where was the "no food or drink" warning label for this post??? I nearly choked to death on my apple!

Karla said...

LOL Gay elephants are really very common aren't they? and gay dogs, cats, etc etc. Just watch em...they try to hump any sex...LMAO

LadyStyx said...

Any sex and in some cases, any species.

And with that little mental image, Im headed to bed. Cy'all when I get up from my sleep cycle.

ChicagoLady said...

Keep an eye on that wandering trunk, Iggy.

Your neighbors probably won't like you having an elephant for a pet. And what about Shake? I know elephants are herbivores, but he might sit on Shake. On the up side, your grass would never need to be cut again.