
I couldn't resist... Perhaps I hit that tree with my head harder than I thought. Speaking of which, someone asked me how much damage I had done... not to my head, but to the tree. Nice guy huh? :)
So, having very little post-whack memory of my surroundings, yesterday I retraced my steps and walked back down the trail to the site of the incident and, well... only one word immediately came to mind...

Oops. The score: Hard Headed Iggy 1 - Hard Wood Tree 0.
Just kidding... really... I just found that tree that way... Honest.

Woodpecker damage to the wood-siding on my house. The woodpecker is gone now, but there is a red breasted Robin's nest in there now. When the Robin is done with the nest, I'll seal up the holes. The largest hole nearly 3 1/2 inches around.
Woodpeckers are protected by federal and state laws.
More information can be found on the Colorado State University website.

10 comments:
LOL
You're a nut, that's for sure!
We've had this red breasted robin pecking at our living room window every morning at almost the exact same time for a week now. I don't know what it thinks it sees...but it's not coming in!
Gotta watch those robins...Had one attack my front door once..literally. He'd fly into it, get knocked down, get up shake his lil body and fly right back into it. I think he was like crazy or rabid or something. I wish I had had a camera then..the look on his face! Mad and frustrated cause he couldn't get through the storm door! LOL
You've just got to quit making me laugh so hard! Poor Jim comes running every time. Ha ha ha ha ha, Ha ha ha ha ha, He he he he he.
That is pretty major damage Woody has done to your house. We've had the same problem over the years.
Oh dear. I am SO glad you forewarned me about the food and drink situation as that WOULD have created quite the mess....
There is a lot to be said for our famous British saying 'keep ya pecker up' LOL
you are a right proper loon.. and no, NOT the bird variety lol
x
Woodpeckers can do a lot of damage to trees and wooden structures. We had one that really did a number on our porch frame two summers ago. The one outside board is a mess (and no, Terri hasn't fixed it yet). The woodpecker was actually trying to get to the boring bees nests that were inside the board. :\
But the more important question is; who's protecting your head?
Just found it that way? Ha! A likely story! That's what everyone says!
Hope you don't have too much of a headache after doing all that damage to the tree.
I tell everyone that's why I moved out of my little house ...the wood pecker banging away at the telephone pole drove me out.more than once you would find me standing on my front porch, screaming at the sky...'shut the fuck up'
One year, I saw a woodpecker trying to put a hole in the aluminum downspout from the roof gutter of the building across from me. Stupid bird.
Wow, your head is harder than any of us suspected. Did the tree fall when you were still there? Because we all want to know if no one is around and a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound? LOL
Post a Comment