Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009

I've been thinking about what to write about today since Kate at Show My Face is doing an Earth Day Challenge on her blog.

At first, I wanted to completely recycle a couple of earlier entries but decided against doing that. I mean, I'm boring enough the first time around right? And then I thought, if I had something to add to Earth Day it would be to make it Earth Every Day. I mean, I'm a tree-hugger. I confessed that here. And I am always picking up litter. I confessed to doing that here.

So, here is my contribution to the Earth Day challenge. I'm going to recycle some pictures that remind me why I appreciate the the one and only Earth we have so much.

~~~**~~~

squirrel eating the new buds and shoots from a tree

a huge sycamore tree easily a hundred feet tall and 15-18 feet around



my hand pressed against a very large dark colored tree

Momma deer and two fawns neck deep in greenery

The plants and the animals count on us to keep a place for them to live.

13 comments:

sugarlens said...

What a great post, happy earth day to you!

Today I vow not to litter. Just kidding! I don't do that. :)

Karla said...

You are NOT boring and don't say that! *hugs*

Great post! love your pics...

Donnetta said...

Beautiful pics!! Love the turtles on the log!

Happy Earth Day!

Call Me Cate said...

I love this approach. Not boring at all. Also, your comment on my blog about being tired from all your tree hugging made me laugh which is always nice!

AliceKay said...

Great pics...even the second time around. :)

Hope you're having a good day.

MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my what hairy hands you have :) lol

Happy Earth Day dear you...

x

Deanna said...

That's not hair Marmie, that's fur from the squirrel in the first picture.
Happy Earth Day you tree hugger you! Nice post.

Anonymous said...

Love your Earth Day post, Iggy. :)

ChicagoLady said...

What an awesome post! And you are NEVER boring! You picked some great pictures that show your love for the natural world around you.

*HUGS*

LadyStyx said...

Boring? You? With all the OCHA and Charlie stories? Hardly. I'm with Alice, great pix even the second time around.

Dorkys Ramos said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the last one especially :)

yellowdoggranny said...

does anyone beside me feel juuuuuuust a tad silly saying 'happy earth day?'..

Lainie said...

Geez Iggy...You are far from boring. Love your stories and pics...always.
Have a great day after Earth Day today. :-) HUGS