Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Time to Rest the Legs

I don't think either the Real World Walker or the Virtual Walker will be walking today on account of tired out legs.

Yesterday while driving to work, I saw a Verizon phone company truck at one of the way too many local Starbucks Coffee joints and noticed the nice stack of 12 Orange Coneheads on the back. Despite the dreary rain, I imagined them ordering some java.


Conehead 1: Large Brazil Ipanema Bourbon, usual half and half with 2 teaspoons brown sugar.

Conehead 2: Medium Colombia Narino Supremo, skim with 1 teaspoons brown sugar.

Conehead 3: Large Guatemala Casi Cielo, light on the half and half with 2 teaspoons white sugar.

Conehead 4: Large Joya del Dia Blend, black.

Conehead 5: Large Tanzania, skim, no sweet.

Conehead 6: Small Decaf Komodo Dragon Blend, skim, 1 sweet-n-low. -I hear the rest of the Coneheads laughing it up since he/she ordered decafe!

Conehead 7: Medium Caffe Verona, extra regular milk, no sweet.

Conehead 8: Large Starbucks Espresso Regalo, extra cream, extra sugar. -One can hear the rest of the Coneheads ooohhhing and aahhhhing at this gastric delight...

Conehead 9: Medium Arabian Mocha Sanani, light on the half and half with 1 teaspoons white sugar.

Conehead 10: Large Ethiopia Sidamo, easy on the skim, you got any Equal? No, (sigh), okay, 1 Spenda.

Conehead 11: Medium Cafe Estima Blend Fair Trade Certified, light on the half and half, two teaspoons brown sugar. -i am, along with the rest of the Coneheads, obviously impressed by how well he/she rattled off this order...

Conehead 12: Large Costa Rica Tarrazu, black.

Coneheads 1 through 12: The tab is $76.50 plus tax!!?!?! Holy cows!!!!!!!


Later on, I saw this... I guess the extra strong Starbucks Coffee was simply too much for them.

- Source of the Coffee names

3 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Today, I counted how many of Orange Coneheads I saw on my drive to work. The drive is 9.7 miles and I counted 78 cones. I saw more than that, but with traffic and moving along, couldn't count them. So, there are at least 7 of these guys to the mile.

I gotta start drinking decafe myself.

Anonymous said...

ROFL!

LadyStyx said...

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on needing the rest. We made it to the corporate housing on Monday afternoon. My legs are so damn tired from taking the stairs (they got us up on the 3rd floor....*sigh*)