
Abandoned Alien Spaceships?!?!?! These spheres are about ten feet in diameter.

The hatch is blown wide open. Did the Aliens inside survive the Earth's polluted atmosphere? Are the Air Force chaps coming to haul these "things" off to Area 51? Will we ever know just what these things really are?
Another site's pictures - but no information on what the spheres are.
Will I reach a million steps today?
As of January 27, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Steps: 999,582
Miles: 425.59

5 comments:
*laffz*
Ok..in real world now, what the heck are they really? .oO(somehow I suspect iggy's version is alot more interesting...)
The site these steel spheres are on belonged to an AlCO Standard Corp subsidiary called Synthane Taylor Corp - They made artificial chemical/plastics like rayon and reinforced laminated and epoxy circuit board materials.
The Alco Standard company is now IKON Office Solutions and the Betzwood Site is a superfund cleanup site.
What function the spheres performed I do not know. They appear to be tanks that were spun.
They sure look strange. I bet they really are alien spaceships. *winks*
Did you reach a million steps yesterday? Sorry I didn't go into chat last night. Terri and I watched "Mr. & Mrs. Smith". It was one of Karen's dvds she loaned us awhile back. We're trying to whittle down the stack of dvds on our coffee table.
I ended up with 1,000,323 steps. I went into C2C to talk to Punkn. Being the "go to" person for information on Jopete is rough.
The news on Jopete continues to be rather grim. He's a strong person though.
I'm glad Punkn is a strong person too.
I have dug a little more and found that the spheres have teh words "Manitoba Bridge and Engineering Works" on them at their base.
Looking into it, I found that this company engineered equipment and services for heat exchange, heating applications, and fluid handling including cast iron boilers, submersible pumps, and water cooling towers;
"Bridges" in this instance, means the structure used in overhead cranes/chain hoists. I'm gonna leave it at that. Maybe Gypsy's scavageing hunt can use these pictures :-)
Post a Comment