- Dolphin Research Center
As of Monday, December 10, 2007 at 9:14 AM
Steps: 140762
Miles: 59.86

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!
Everyone loves the king of the sea,
Ever so kind and gentle is he,
Tricks he will do when children appear,
And how they laugh when he's near!
They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!
Flipper was a TV show about a game ranger named Porter Ricks, and his two sons, Sandy and Bud. The show centers around a precocious pet dolphin, named Flipper, and all their adventures. The original Flipper was named Mitzi and she lived from 1958 to 1972. The dolphin had died of a heart attack. Flipper had a stunt double (Mr. Gipper) to do all of the tail walking.
The History of the Dolphin Research Center and Flipper
For more about the Dolphin Research Center, the main website is here

Yes, I know I skipped Marathon on Vaca Key. There is a lot to see there too, the Florida Keys are just loaded with places to visit while I'm walking.

1 comment:
I forgot to post a comment on this one earlier today. You know how much I love dolphins and these pics are great. :)
I'll check out those websites tomorrow when I have some time. I loved Flipper, too. :)
Post a Comment