Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Route of the Virtual Walker

Even with Punkn's tempting offer of chocolate chip cookies if I should walk through central Missouri, I decided to walk up the east coast of the USA since I have been pretty much everywhere along the I-95 corridor and will be familiar with places as I travel along. I will make a quick side trip in upstate New York (via virtual bus) to a place named Schermerhorn Harbor (projected date June-ish, 2008)

I will try to show where I am in a "virtual" travelogue fashion, but might only do so once or twice a week as time-permits and when the virtual walk actually goes some place of interest (there will be lots of nameless and seemly endless stretches along the way) This route measures 2033 miles from one end to the other, from Key West, Florida to Lubec, Maine. I will go by way of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to the eastern shore of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia (Known as "Delmarva") across the Delaware Bay to the New Jersey beaches, through New York City, and into New England.

And yes, with a fear that makes me quake in my boots, I will risk the Maine-iacs. :-)



Happy trails -

2 comments:

AliceKay said...

Hey, I know where Schermerhorn's Harbor is...been there a few times. *winks* How about if I meet you there and we can have a "virtual" lunch together? I know a few nice places there. :)

I heard those Maine-iacs are really a great bunch of people. I almost met up with them one year, but things just didn't go the way we first planned.

LadyStyx said...

Yay! Awesome for you! I look forward to your entries when you get to those interesting places. If you decide to take a side excursion into the nation's capitol, lemme know. If Im definitely moved out that way we can visit as well :)