I'm back home after an unexpected business trip to Connecticut. I'm way behind in reading and commenting. I don't know when I will be able to catch up but I will be trying my best! I doing okay - I did have a little accident on Friday - clumsy me - I "nearly" dropped computer server and it was a choice between letting it mash my left pointer finger or perhaps having it fall to the floor and being out of $2,500.
So I got some black fingernails and nice cut. I was tempted to tape off the server room with some bright yellow bio-hazard tape but later thought that just might possibly freak my client out a little - so I spent 10 minutes mopping up where I leaked a bit. It never fails to amaze me how much stuff our skin holds inside of us.
I am not sure but I think I will be heading back to Connecticut or going to the Florida panhandle for an unspecified amount a time in the next week or two. So I might go poof again - but never fear, like a bad case of herpes... I'll be back...
Last week, early one morning I was drinking my coffee before heading over to continue work near Hartford Connecticut, I spotted this group of birds pecking away at the ground outside my window. I was ready, having my camera already at hand for some hoped for foliage shots - and can share with you a flock (gaggle?) of wild turki. I decided to pluralize turkeys as turki. I don't know why, I just got a mental block on the spelling.
I uploaded some photographs I took at Enders State Forest in to my Flickr sidebar. The Salman River runs through a granite gorge in West Granby, Connecticut. Simply spectacular - I had to rush there over a lunch break so I couldn't explore it much.
I hope everyone is well - I have missed you all.

23 comments:
We've missed you, too. Sorry to hear about your fingers. Keep a watchful eye on them...you sure don't need an infection.
Nice pic of the turkeys. The one on the right is either a gobbler or a jake...I see a beard. (Terri could tell you the difference between a gobbler and a jake but he isn't home right now and i don't know. i think it's an age thing)
I'll check out your new pics in your Flickr account after I eat some lunch. Been a long morning and very busy at work again.
Welcome home. *hugs*
Eek, hope your hand feels better.
Glad to see you back!
Back like a bad case of herpes....I was drinking coffee and nearly choked on that one! Thanks for the laugh. Sorry you hurt your finger.
Love the turkey picture. You must live near the woods. How awesome that must be. :)
I've missed you my friend..so sorry about the fingers..hope they are healing nicely..
I'd be out there going 'here birdy birdy'...and have turkey for dinner.
There you are. Welcome back. Hope the finger feels fine.
Welcome back,
Sorry for about the finger.
Turki still makes me laugh!
I hope you have a good weekend, and I hope the sun comes out tomorrow!
I should have been a teacher -- I start salivating when I give a lesson
Turkey: the mister is a TOM
the miss/missus is a hen
the group is a
ready????.... RAFTER.
ha ha ha!
So there you have it.
A rafter of turkey!
I'd love to get my camera and join you in Connecticut! I've never been there. Sounds luscious!
oh oh.. I forgot to say the baby turkey is a Poult.
missed you too Iggy! loved the turki :)
do take care of yourself (and your hand) especially if you "disappear" again
(no need to come and check on me and Koda; we are a journal hiatus :)
betty
Yum. Turkey. Sorry you got me all thinking about Thanksgiving. Yum.
Anyway....I would have sacrificed my fingers in the hopes of saving the server as well. "Ooooh, what a lucky man he was" in the eternal words of ELP. Hope those fingers are better soon!
I just showed the pic to Terri and he says most of those turkeys are gobblers. They have red on their heads. Jakes are younger and have tiny beards.
Huge hugs! I've missed you. Glad you saved the server but dang! blue fingers aren't in style this year. I hope you disappear again, because that means business is good, but dang I miss you!
I miss you too...don't you have a laptop so we won't miss you so much????????? *hugssssssss*
Happy your home safe!
Ouch, take care of that finger.
"but never fear, like a bad case of herpes... I'll be back..."
I laughed out loud at that!
I'm glad you're back safe and sort of sound. :)
*waves frantically at you Iggy* so glad you are back even if for a lil while. Sorry about your boo boo, hope it heals fast for ya! HUGS
Ouch. Sorry about the finger. Wanna trade your finger for my right toe? The toe didnt leak, woulda been tough getting around a day or so though.
Glad to see you home again. Great shots. Will be into Flickr in a while to check out the rest.
That hurt just reading about it. I hope it heals quickly and well. Love the wild turkeys! So glad to see you back! Have missed you. :):)
Ouch! Hope that heals up quickly! I think that was a good call though... Damage to your finger may be painful, but not as painful as that bill would have been.
Glad you're back! *Hugs*
I was wondering what happened to you!!!
I was worried!!!
Next time don't leave without telling us!!!
Okay, now that I am finished yelling at you for your disappearance I will actually read your post.
Glad to have you back!
Yay you're back! I was worried about you! Sorry to hear about your little accident - ouch!
Florida panhandle? No, they are supposed to send you to SW Florida so you could visit me - No fair!
Sorry about your fingers - ouch!!!
Love the wild turkeys though! They can actually get quite large. I nearly hit one when I was driving in MN and I thought for sure I was going to be in a total wreck!! I was driving a tiny Geo Metro at the time....
Post a Comment