There is actually a series of 5 cascades along Mountain Brook in this 2000+ acre preserve that straddles the towns of West Granby and Barkhamsted in North Central Connecticut.
The park was donated by the J. O. Enders family in 1981, becoming its present size with an additional purchase by the state in 2002.
I just wanted to sit there and enjoy the sights and sounds of the falling water but couldn't stay long. I hope to go back someday.
A site with pictures taken by others is (here)

20 comments:
reminds me of the smaller areas of the little Missouri or the Caddo Rivers up in the mountains of Arkansas. I could just sleep like a baby listening to that water rush through there. It's very very nice. Wish you could of seen more too.
Absolutely beautiful.
I never do anything cool like that on lunch breaks. Occasionally I'll take a short walk on a track at a park nearby. The only nice thing about it is that every day around noon a man goes for a walk at the same time and plays the accordian. It always makes me smile.
There is nothing more peaceful than the sound of flowing water. It's a shame you couldn't have spent more time there. I'm going to go back and listen to your video once more :)
it is absolutely gorgeous and breath taking! I'm with you; I could have spent an afternoon there just enjoy the sounds! hope you get to go back some time and spend more time there :)
betty
Beautiful spot for a walk. I love the video!
Pretty pictures. :) Lunch breaks like that do NOT happen here, either. Although, admittedly I fret that Yankee Girl is posting from the future and that accordion player she speaks of is TO.
that is just lovely...beautiful country around there.
Really nice. I enjoyed the video and the rest of your pictures from this area.
Oh the waterfall sounds awesome. I could listen to that all day! (but then I might have to pee a lot...)
Not a bad place for lunch. Looks relaxing.
very beautiful pics Iggy, it reminded me of when we went to Great Smoky Mountains Park, very beautiful thanks for sharing..I would love to be able to just sit next to an area like that all day long myself
ohhhh to be able to sit on those flat rocks and dangle my feet in the cool flowing water....
Reminds me of places in NY in the area I grew up...
A video!! Talk about being able to come along with you on your lunch break--awesome!! The closest I would come is to turn on my sound machine, close my eyes, and eat a sandwich--ROFL! I love the sound of water and that is a gorgeous cascading creek--wow! Thanks, Iggy! :):)
Thank you for the video!! So peaceful and relaxing!!!!!
I am sitting in my office, but pretending that I am sitting next to the waterfall instead.
I haven't watched or listened to the video yet, but in my head I can just hear the water flowing in that last picture. So soothing. I might have to pop back in with headphones and just play it in the background.
I love 'the sights and sounds of falling water'. This just looks so lovely and peaceful.
I would definitely want to stay there forever! But, after about 5 minutes, I would have to pee.
It's a shame you couldn't stay and enjoy it longer... Sounds like a nice place to sit and enjoy some peace and quiet, or quiet contemplation.
Beautiful photos of a beautiful place. I am glad that were able to renew your spirit in such a place..even if only briefly.
I hope you will find your way back so you can have a long lingering visit.
Good energies to you, my friend,
~gypsy-heart
Post a Comment