Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weekend Wordle

It's that time of week again!

It's time for Shan's Weekend Wordles.

Here's what you do:

1) Go to Wordle.net to create your Wordle.

2) Post it on your blog with a link to Shan's Week~End Wordles or Last Shreds Of Sanity.

3) Once that's done, go back to Last Shreds Of Sanity and sign the Mr Linky that she'll have up - this will help direct those who play along to your blog.

As you probably have noticed - I usually like to mess around with the word clouds that wordle generates to put my own imprint on it. This week, I decided to take something from work for Wordle "fodder".

I used a Structured Query Language (SQL) statement - its sort of like a little database program - used to generate a report for one of our clients. I modified the database query to protect both myself and the client - but you can get an idea about the sort of thing I usually write for a living.
SELECT
[Adverse_Event].PROTOCOL IDENTIFIER,
[Adverse_Event].SITE IDENTIFIER,
[Adverse_Event].VISIT NAME,
[Adverse_Event].VISIT NUMBER,
[Adverse_Event].TIME POINT,
[Adverse_Event].CRF PAGE,
[Adverse_Event].[Subject Number] AS SBJT IDENTIFIER,
[Adverse_Event].[Subject Initials] AS SBJT INITIALS,
[Adverse_Event].[Hidedate] AS VISIT DATE,
FORMAT([Adverse_Event].[Hidetime],"h:nn") AS EVENT TIME,
[Adverse_Event].[AE],
[Adverse_Event].[EVENT],
[Adverse_Event].[DATE OF ONSET],
[Adverse_Event].[TIME OF ONSET],
[Adverse_Event].[CONTINUING],
[Adverse_Event].[DATE CEASED],
[Adverse_Event].[TIME CEASED],
[Adverse_Event].[SERIOUS],
[Adverse_Event].[NATURE OF ADVERSE EVENT],
[Adverse_Event].[DURATION DAYS],
[Adverse_Event].[DURATION HOURS],
[Adverse_Event].[DURATION MINUTES],
[Adverse_Event].[SEVERITY],
[Adverse_Event].[ACTION],
[Adverse_Event].[TREATMENT],
[Adverse_Event].[RELATIONSHIP],
[Adverse_Event].[PRIMARY ADVERSE EVENT],
[Adverse_Event].[OUTCOME],
[MC_AE_CODES].[VERBATIM],
[MC_AE_CODES].[LLT_NAME],
[MC_AE_CODES].[LLT_CODE],
[MC_AE_CODES].[PT_CODE],
[MC_AE_CODES].[PT_NAME],
[MC_AE_CODES].[HLT_NAME],
[MC_AE_CODES].[HLGTNAME],
[MC_AE_CODES].[SOCABBR1],
[MC_AE_CODES].[SOCABBR2],
[MC_AE_CODES].[SOCABBR3],
[MC_AE_CODES].[SOCABBR4],
[MC_AE_CODES].[SOCABBR5],
[MC_AE_CODES].[SOCABBR6],
[MC_MEDNO_TC].[TREATMENT],
[MC_MEDNO_TC].[TREATMENT CODE],
[Adverse_Event].[DATE OF ONSET],
[Adverse_Event].[TIME OF ONSET],
[MC_R_DOSING].[DOSE DATE],
[MC_R_DOSING].[DOSE TIME],
IIF([Adverse_Event].[DATE OF ONSET] >
[MC_R_DOSING].[DOSE DATE], 1,
IIF([Adverse_Event].[DATE OF ONSET] =
[MC_R_DOSING].[DOSE DATE] And
[Adverse_Event].[TIME OF ONSET] >
[MC_R_DOSING].[DOSE TIME], 1, 2)) AS Treatment Emergent
FROM
(MC_R_DOSING INNER JOIN MC_MEDNO_TC ON
MC_R_DOSING.MEDNO = MC_MEDNO_TC.MEDNO)
INNER JOIN (Adverse_Event ae
LEFT JOIN MC_AE_CODES cd
ON UCASE([Adverse_Event].[EVENT]) = UCASE([MC_AE_CODES].[VERBATIM]))
ON MC_R_DOSING.SUBJECT_ID = Adverse_Event.Subject Number
WHERE [Adverse_Event].[AE] = "1";

This query / program when run, hopefully results in really boring report showing no one has experienced a serious adverse reaction to a drug being tested in a clinical trial.

But hopefully, results in a interesting word cloud. :)

a word cloud made from the query program above

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

Yep, it sure looks interesting. :)

Deanna said...

It kinda scares me that I could kind of follow that code. I admire folks with the logical minds necessary to code. My mind never followed the logic all the way through to the end.

Interesting wordie.

Anonymous said...

If I had to look at data like that all the time i would lose my mind...

Shan G said...

"Subject event dosing time onset..."

Now me, being a nurse, gets how interesting that is! LOL You all are getting so creative. I think I need to step up my game a little bit. :)

LadyStyx said...

Well, Yaya, now you know why iggy's the way he is!


.oO(runs in the "family", right iggy?)
;D

Melissa said...

Arrggh, Codes hurt my head. You little codes genius you.

=) Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

who?

whu?

huh?

Brain.

Hurts.

Is this what they used to pogram "Number 5" and his need for input?

;)