Monday, June 1, 2009

What Half a Year Can Do...

Back on January 9th of this year I wrote about a bridge/culvert/whatever it is that had a tree growing out of it, (here if you are bored).

I was walking by that spot today, neary 6 months to the day later. I tried to remember where I took the earlier picture so I could take another one for comparison.

And well - I knew things had gotten green but ... well ... see for yourself!

old stone arch bridge with gravel wagon path over it, with a fair size tree growing out of it - the grass is brown and there are no leaves to be seen
January 8, 2009

a scene so green with leaves, grass, weeds, you can barely see a bridge
May 31, 2009


Goes to show you what a little rain can do.

13 comments:

Karla said...

A little rain? I think it constantly rained for 2 or 3 days! maybe it was my fault eh? LOL Green's so much prettier than brown..isn't it?

sugarlens said...

Neat. I love pictures like these.

Back when I first got Pesto, I wore a blue sweater and took a picture with him and Pargo under my arms. I have been meaning to put on that blue sweater back on and take the exact same picture. I am sure I will notice a big difference on how much Pesto has grown.

AliceKay said...

A little rain and lots of warmth. Things sure do look pretty in green. :)

Hope you have a great Monday!

Dorkys Ramos said...

Wow, it's turned into a jungle!

Deanna said...

That is amazing. I kind of like the picture taken in January best because you can see the workmanship on the culvert. Everything is so lush and beautiful right now.

The Wife O Riley said...

That is so cool!!! I love the changing seasons!

Melissa said...

Complete transformation!

LadyStyx said...

I'd love to see a picture with the green trimmed back some so we could admire the beauty of the culvert as well.

jmt said...

Holy cow! What a great comparison. I love this. This makes me want to snap a picture of something in January and then return....

yellowdoggranny said...

wow..that is amazing..and beautiful...texas is like that...dry arid and brown..spring comes? every thing turns to green lush beautiful things..

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

sexy41 said...

Wow, that is so beautiful NOW. What a differance all the rain makes.

ChicagoLady said...

The green sure has "transformed" that culvert/bridge. It's simply beautiful!